Pot Smokers and Life Insurance

Bump this thread:

So what other carriers beside Am Gen and AVIVA will provide marijuana users a preferred non tobacco rating ?

MIM

shouldn't your buddies at National Brokerage be assisting you with this??? In all seriousness, if they aren't, it might be time you move yourself and your team over to a Professional IMO such as Pinney Insurance

That is a great question Mr Matt. I could go to them but I generally like to do as much as I can in house. I just wanted to see what other people's experiences were on here. I actually do have a client that applied for coverage and disclosed that he recreationally uses mj. I found a list that somebody posted on the forum on which carriers that were more lenient on mj but it was a few years old so I wasn't sure how up to date it was. I quoted him at standard non tobacco after I called underwriting just to make sure. To my surprise he came out preferred non tobacco. He's hanging on to that policy now with a kung fu tiger grip. I don't think Nat Broker's that bad. They actually give out non conditional releases which is cool in my book. I only have 3 carriers with them. They're the only ones I go through that's NOT direct to the carrier. Had I known beforehand I probably wouldn't have signed but that's ok. How is business going my friend ?

MIM

With most of the medical marijuana being in edible fashion, doctors not wanting to add further lung damage to ill patients, wouldn't they get non-smoker rates if asked what the prescription was for? For example, besides the obvious other health issues when medical marijuana is prescribed for the three top issues AIDS, cancer, and diabetes, there is quite a bit prescribed for insomnia, anxiety, high blood pressure, etc.
If you are sucking on a THC lollipop before going to bed at night, how would that give you smoker rates? Maybe with more states allowing marijuana, there are more sophisticated underwriters taking a look? hope, hope

Back