Power Dialer

Delta76

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone here use a power dialer? It's a device that hooks up to the computer that saves time from having to dial a number each time during a telemarketing session. I'm not soliciting for this company, but here is one I'm looking at: Speedy Dialer | Power Dialer | Auto Dialer.

If I got one extra sale a year by making more contacts per hour, it would more than pay for itself. What do you think, is it worth the $300?

Does anyone here use a power dialer? It's a device that hooks up to the computer that saves time from having to dial a number each time during a telemarketing session. I'm not soliciting for this company, but here is one I'm looking at: Speedy Dialer | Power Dialer | Auto Dialer.

If I got one extra sale a year by making more contacts per hour, it would more than pay for itself. What do you think, is it worth the $300?

I don't use one. Three hundred dollars sounds like a lot of money to invest unless you are missing your index finger. LOL

I have talked to the guys who program for me about adding it to the computer program I have and they told me that there can be problems in setting it up and having it work smoothly with some phone systems.

I have stayed away from it for that reason.

Dialing the number myself also gives me time to reflect on the last call, make notes and formulate my comments for the next call. I have never really wanted to go through a list of people that quickly. I don't use a "script" so putting some thought into what I'm going to say in the next call is a good thing, at least for me.

I'd be interested in something like this at some time. I like the idea of the transfer system and the price isn't that bad.

I know that you can set put excel to dial out, although I haven't had the need to yet.

The old versions of ACT had it built in. It was handy. Also timed the call and inserted the date and time and length of call in the contact history for you.

ACT dropped it around 2000 or 2001. Haven't really noticed it missing all that much. I don't think I would pay $300 for it (unless I was rolling in it and couldn't spend money fast enough.)

I have ACT from 2002, and it has the dial out option.... I actually love it. It makes it very easy to quickly make calls, and as Newby said, it generates a note in your account history that states what time it was made, and allows you to make specific notes based on that call.

I'm not sure I'd buy it alone.... but having it in ACT really is pretty cool.

I'm torn on this one, but I'll probably go ahead and get it. I agree with Frank about not following a script, but I would imagine for Frank as well as myself that most of the calls follow a general pattern, probably a typical introduction and then feed off the prospects response. I don't think this would be lost by moving faster. I currently make about 60 calls in two hours depending on the number of conversations developed. If I could get that number to even 75, that would be an extra 15 per day.

15 per day X 20 days per month X 12 months = 3,600 more calls per year

3,600 X 3.5% Appointment Ratio X 20% Closing Ratio = 25 sales

25 sales X $600 average commission = $15,000.

Even if those numbers were cut down drastically, I still like the ROI. I'll be stubborn and go ahead with it.

I'm torn on this one, but I'll probably go ahead and get it. I agree with Frank about not following a script, but I would imagine for Frank as well as myself that most of the calls follow a general pattern, probably a typical introduction and then feed off the prospects response. I don't think this would be lost by moving faster. I currently make about 60 calls in two hours depending on the number of conversations developed. If I could get that number to even 75, that would be an extra 15 per day.

15 per day X 20 days per month X 12 months = 3,600 more calls per year

3,600 X 3.5% Appointment Ratio X 20% Closing Ratio = 25 sales

25 sales X $600 average commission = $15,000.

Even if those numbers were cut down drastically, I still like the ROI. I'll be stubborn and go ahead with it.

Let us know how it works out.

Dang, I have ACT and didn't know it had this feature. Ummm.....what other tools do I need?

I got it yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. I really like it so far. I import my list from Reference USA, then put it on the active call list. I put down the number of names I want to call for the day and then go through the list until I'm done. To call 90 people, it usually takes me about 3 hours if I'm moving. Today, it took two hours. I kept the conversations the same, the only thing different was no paper list in front of me or manual dialing. I click a button to record the result of the call: Not interested, not available, voicemail, fax #, busy, disconnected, ect and / or add notes if desired and then click next and it's already dialing. An extra hour in my day is worth $300 for the mechanism, I'll let you know if anything changes.

Back