Power Producers Convention?

beachgoer

Is anyone attending this event in Denver? I came across an ad for it and I'm thinking about going. It's hosted by BCA and I heard there are some heavy hitters going. Some guy did 73million in annuity production and someone else did 52m. Some big LTC producers and IUL producers also. I've never seen this much talent assembled at one convention. What are your thoughts and are you attending?

If I can get away from work and the flights aren't too much I'm seriously considering going.

Is anyone attending this event in Denver? I came across an ad for it and I'm thinking about going. It's hosted by BCA and I heard there are some heavy hitters going. Some guy did 73million in annuity production and someone else did 52m. Some big LTC producers and IUL producers also. I've never seen this much talent assembled at one convention. What are your thoughts and are you attending?

If I can get away from work and the flights aren't too much I'm seriously considering going.

Who is Power Producers. Where can I get info.

It's hosted by Brokers Choice of America and it's in Denver on May 5-6. Check out their website. Although I don't see much info there describing the featured speakers, I called and got some good info. The lady I spoke to verified everything I read in the ad. I don't usually go to these things, but this one seems worth it.

I've heard good and bad things about Tyrone Clark. If he has these types of producers working with him, I can only assume he's doing some good things now. Who knows these days? Most FMO's are utterly useless and full of BS. I'll see what the deal is and post back here after the event. If anyone knows anything further, please reply to this post before I book my flight!

Looks like I'll be registering Monday unless someone has a good reason I shouldn't go see a $73m and $52m producer! That's insane!

Looks like I'll be registering Monday unless someone has a good reason I shouldn't go see a $73m and $52m producer! That's insane!

How much do you think these people are going to teach you in an hour or two? More importantly, do you really think they are interested in teaching a room full of folks like yourself their techniques?

I could be completely wrong and they may open up like a book and share everything, but ask yourself what you would do in the exact same situation.

That's true. I imagine I'll be offered an opportunity to join their network and then get the goodies. But, in private conversation I can probably extract some good info. I honestly would just like to know how their marketing, what type of system and maybe some good objection squashers.

Plus I've never been to Denver. Always wanted to go, can you ski this time of year there?

If I could learn a couple things, I'd be happy. And who knows, maybe they are looking for people to join their agency. I would consider doing that if they are that successful. Even if just for a year or two. Who knows?

I do also want to learn more about LTC and planning with index life policies and there are some real heavy hitters from those two fields that are going to be at this power producers conference. I guess I'm just ready to take it to the next level and this seems like a good start. Wish me luck!

"Whooo's coming with me?...Whooo's coming with me?...I'm not going to do, what you all think I'm going to do, and FLIP-OUT!
But, whooo's coming with me! And I'm taking the fish!"

-Beachgoer out

That's true. I imagine I'll be offered an opportunity to join their network and then get the goodies. But, in private conversation I can probably extract some good info. I honestly would just like to know how their marketing, what type of system and maybe some good objection squashers.

Plus I've never been to Denver. Always wanted to go, can you ski this time of year there?

If I could learn a couple things, I'd be happy. And who knows, maybe they are looking for people to join their agency. I would consider doing that if they are that successful. Even if just for a year or two. Who knows?

I do also want to learn more about LTC and planning with index life policies and there are some real heavy hitters from those two fields that are going to be at this power producers conference. I guess I'm just ready to take it to the next level and this seems like a good start. Wish me luck!

"Whooo's coming with me?...Whooo's coming with me?...I'm not going to do, what you all think I'm going to do, and FLIP-OUT!

-Beachgoer out

Please don't take this personally, but judging by the naivety of this post, I'm probably right.

Why in the world would I, some $50 million plus annuity producer want to teach some newbie who is still green behind the ears all my secrets? Why in the world would I share how I market? And if I can do $50 million in premium, why in the world do I want the headache of teaching a newbie to produce? So what, I can get an override of his $1 million in production, if I'm lucky?

Again, I could be completely wrong, but you have to think about it, what is in it for the big dogs? If anything, I bet you their primary income source is having seminars like this, and parting newbies like you from their money.

Whooo's coming with me?...Whooo's coming with me?...I'm not going to do, what you all think I'm going to do, and FLIP-OUT!

-Beachgoer out

what does this mean???

The quote is from Jerry Maguire.

And I'd have to disagree with the prior post challenging the purpose. We all know what the purpose of the convention is...to recruit agents. No one gives anything for free. I've done no less than $3m in annuity business the last 4 years with $6.25m being my best year in '09. I fell back some last year, but still paid the bills.

There is a huge difference in skill set from an all-around perspective between someone doing $3-5m and someone doing $50-70m. My ego doesn't get in the way of admitting that there are things I can still learn. A lot I can still learn. For example, one guy whose going who specializes in wealth transfer and has a strategy that gets money out of the estate, but still allows access to the funds without there being 'incidents of ownership'. That is huge!

The industry is changing and I'm simply looking to take it to the next level. I realize I won't get much if I don't join BCA, but what is the pain in listening and having a couple drinks with some of the industry's 'power producers'.

I don't get jack crap from my current FMO, they just make the override and provide me little to no support. I'm going. Don't be so cynical! Education is a life process....so, who's coming with me?? Get it now? lol

Good luck ladies and gents!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh, and to more directly answer your question:

They would want to take me on (I imagine) to fill the holes in my operation and potentially double my production. Obviously, I would go into their hierarchy, but who in the insurance business isn't already in someone's hierarchy? If they can help me, they deserve the override. Hell, they can make their 1% as long as I'm making full street.

The second reason they would be helping is to make an offer for qualified agents to join their agency. Wouldn't be making full street presumably, but wouldn't have any overhead either. It's a simple math equation for me. Can they increase my income 40% or more? If so, it's worth a shot. If not, I had a nice trip to Denver and hopefully picked up something that can help my practice. I might even switch FMO's just cause I'm perpetually upset with mine.

Maybe I am naive....but maybe not. I will at least know for certain.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back