PowerPoint Medicare 101?

agentinsouth

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been asked todo a Medicare 101 lunch-and-learn for a small group of T65's. Does anyone have a PowerPoint they would be willing to share?

Part A - Hospital, Skilled Nursing, Hospice
Part B - Drs., Durable Medical Equipment, Outpatient Surgery
Part C - Medicare Advantage Plans
Part D - Prescription Drug Plans

Then just expand off of this. Boom!

Not to be a contrarian, but if it is a small group, why don't you go though the Medicare and You book.

Either have them bring their own copies, or get some from an IMO, GA, etc.

It's already a CMS approved document, and there is no company nor product details, so that makes it that much easier to handle questions.

That takes care of any secret shoppers, and it has more of a "personal" touch to it.

Just my two cents worth.

Not to be a contrarian, but if it is a small group, why don't you go though the Medicare and You book. Either have them bring their own copies, or get some from an IMO, GA, etc. It's already a CMS approved document, and there is no company nor product details, so that makes it that much easier to handle questions. That takes care of any secret shoppers, and it has more of a "personal" touch to it. Just my two cents worth.

It is starting to look like 14-16 people, so I was thinking a PP might be the easiest thing todo??

It would be easier for YOU, not necessarily for them. They tend to "zone out" during a PowerPoint. Whereas, with moving along together in the book, they flip through the pages with you, and make notes where they need to.

But like I said, Just my 2 cents worth.

You're not there to make it easier for you. Or, maybe you have a cut off of 10 people. Have a waiting list, in case someone drops out, or for a future date.

Use the United Healthcare "Show Me" guide & leave each person with one as a resource. It's a great guide & is not a marketing piece. They've just done all the work - it's got an extensive section on Part C that goes through the types of managed care forms that Part C plans utilize - POS, PPO, HMO, etc.

I order those each year & leave one with each new Medicare Client along with the CMS guide to purchasing a Medigap policy. Great resources for the client to have & keep.

Back