Pre-approach Letters Followed Up with DKing...viable??

I've done a lot of what you are asking about BUT not for FE.

When you are marketing to a very small prospect base like I do with funeral homes or you likely did if you could only sell to Knights of Columbus members, you want to have a contact with every possible prospect and put them into catagories. I use three catagories.
1. Yes now
2. Yes, but not now
3. No

The yes nows are the people that you are going to get an appointment set right now from your cold marketing (calls, door knocks, mail replies, whatever). You obviously have the fewest of them.

The yes laters are the people that YOU (not they) determine are good prospects for you to continue to market to. You have sized them up as have a need, have the means but does not yet have the want.

The no's are the people that after your initial approach are...as Mr. Wonderful puts it...dead to you.

With FE it's a whole different mindset. You are only really marketing to yes nows. You have unlimited prospects. Leads are cheap, cheap, cheap! You don't need to waste time with anyone but yes nows.

But when you market to a limited prospect base you must approach and categorize each and every one of them. You MUST door knock because 3/4 of your prospects are on the DNC list. So you do bulk mailings but I NEVER mail any approach letter that does not include a reply card. You always want the interested prospects to be able to easily raise their hand and say "me first!"

And when you are selling to a limited base of prospects the superstars are superstars based on what they do with the Yes, laters. THAT's what separates the men from the boys. It's what I call prospect farming. And it pays to learn how to be real good at it. IF that's the type of market you are in.

But if you are going to sell FE, it's NOT what you need to do. Just take the path that is laid out before you. Buy 25 direct mail leads every single week. Call them and set your appointments. Make your sales to the Yes nows. Rinse and repeat.

Super, super advice. Listen to the man. /\ /\ /\ :idea:

I've done a lot of what you are asking about BUT not for FE.

When you are marketing to a very small prospect base like I do with funeral homes or you likely did if you could only sell to Knights of Columbus members, you want to have a contact with every possible prospect and put them into catagories. I use three catagories.
1. Yes now
2. Yes, but not now
3. No

The yes nows are the people that you are going to get an appointment set right now from your cold marketing (calls, door knocks, mail replies, whatever). You obviously have the fewest of them.

The yes laters are the people that YOU (not they) determine are good prospects for you to continue to market to. You have sized them up as have a need, have the means but does not yet have the want.

The no's are the people that after your initial approach are...as Mr. Wonderful puts it...dead to you.

With FE it's a whole different mindset. You are only really marketing to yes nows. You have unlimited prospects. Leads are cheap, cheap, cheap! You don't need to waste time with anyone but yes nows.

But when you market to a limited prospect base you must approach and categorize each and every one of them. You MUST door knock because 3/4 of your prospects are on the DNC list. So you do bulk mailings but I NEVER mail any approach letter that does not include a reply card. You always want the interested prospects to be able to easily raise their hand and say "me first!"

And when you are selling to a limited base of prospects the superstars are superstars based on what they do with the Yes, laters. THAT's what separates the men from the boys. It's what I call prospect farming. And it pays to learn how to be real good at it. IF that's the type of market you are in.

But if you are going to sell FE, it's NOT what you need to do. Just take the path that is laid out before you. Buy 25 direct mail leads every single week. Call them and set your appointments. Make your sales to the Yes nows. Rinse and repeat.

I was looking for a refresher letter, and this post ^ helped considerably! Saved me a lot of wasted time and money. Thank you!

Thanks! Glad to help.

But with a name like that, I hope aren’t just here for me.

Lol! The name is a long story... Not here for anyone though. Lol

As for the advice, is definitely much appreciated! I was cringing over 3 to 4 year old dm leads, and the time spent on letters, adding a copy of the reply card, etc.,

Thanks again!

“Well that’s cast rather a gloom over the evening now hasn’t it?”

Back