Pre Ex & Underwriting Question

Sep 12, 2016

1. jetsetter dream

jetsetter dream Expert

State:
    Georgia
    I'm on the mobile website, and I don't see the search function. (I apologize for a newbie question.)

If switching a client from carrier A plan F ,which he/she has had for 2 years, to carrier B plan F does he or she have to pass the underwriting health questions or does the this fall under the pre existing conditions exemption?

2. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    If you were in one of those "Birthday Rule" states there would be no underwriting. Since you are in GA, then yes, they will need to answer the questions on the app.

3. DS4

DS4 Guru

State:
    California

Really? You are asking this question???

DS4, Sep 12, 2016
  4. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    I Just thought I was misreading the question or maybe the OP phrased the question wrong, I just assumed it could not mean what it looked like it said

vic120, Sep 12, 2016
  5. jetsetter dream

jetsetter dream Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Yep, I am. I saw a video on a respected website that led me to question my gut feeling. Turns out my instincts were correct.

Hey, I appreciate you contributing though!

6. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Reminds me of a former Sec of State. But enough of that, care to share which respected site had this video?

somarco, Sep 12, 2016
  7. jetsetter dream

jetsetter dream Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Oh no, I've read enough on these forums threads to know better than pulling someone's name into any discussion. Especially when I know that person has probably forgotten more about med supps than I have learned so far!

8. Big Dawg

Big Dawg New Member

Why is it that when newbies get on here and ask a sincere question, from a thread that is used for informational purposes, do these "GURU" agents, always have to bust their balls? Were you not a newbie breaking into the industry at one time? Some of us newbies would just like to be assured of what we read, and not hear how maybe your dick swings a little closer to the ground because you have sold an app. Why not just sincerely answer the question??? And to think that most of you guys on this thread are recruiting agents? Its funny how everyone wants to know who sent this video out to make sure your not the guy with the bad advice!!!

Big Dawg, Sep 12, 2016
  9. DS4

DS4 Guru

State:
    California
    The OP should not be selling Medicare supplements. He is a danger to his clients. This site offers good advise to most questions that are asked. If you ask a elementary school like question, and, you get flamed, my advice is to get thicker skin. Dealing with prospects/applicants, you will need even thicker skin. My advice to the OP is to purchase several E & O policies. Or, get more training before selling.

DS4, Sep 12, 2016
  10. jacobtn

jacobtn Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    Is this is serious question or are you trolling us?

jacobtn, Sep 12, 2016