Pre Existing Conditions Med Supp

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have someone that is 80 that does not have a med supp. I only normally deal with people that have had prior coverage or another supp. Do most supps not cover pre existing conditions for 6 months, I know at one time this was the case. I was looking at Cigna or Aetna for this person.

I have someone that is 80 that does not have a med supp. I only normally deal with people that have had prior coverage or another supp. Do most supps not cover pre existing conditions for 6 months, I know at one time this was the case. I was looking at Cigna or Aetna for this person.

Assuming u mean shes didnt or isnt just getting her part B....most carriers I believe have a 2-6mo window where they wont cover PE conditions, depending on the carrier. She wont be able to get part D til next Oct tho, if she already doesnt have it.

Most notably, Cigna brands and New Era Life, as well as the now-launching Prosperity Life brands do not cover pre-existing conditions if the person is not coming off of qualifying coverage.

Good to know!

Most notably, Cigna brands and New Era Life, as well as the now-launching Prosperity Life brands do not cover pre-existing conditions if the person is not coming off of qualifying coverage.

Good to know!

I know that you know they don't cover pre-existing conditions for "6" months Chris, but the way you worded that, someone new to Med Supps might take that to mean they'd never be covered.

I know that you know they don't cover pre-existing conditions for "6" months Chris, but the way you worded that, someone new to Med Supps might take that to mean they'd never be covered.

Or they may be inspired to look futher for specifics.
New Era is 3 months, not 6.

Nice side step.:laugh:

And you are a perfect example, yet again, of why people want to stay on the sidelines rather than actually contribute. Criticism for aurgument sake only. You did not expect, not would anyone, for me to post the underwriting guides of every company in the market, yet you jumped immediately to criticize the post that most would find revealing enough to pause and look into it.

I suggest more contribution and less accusations, skeptisim, and my God, don't you have anything better to do?

Place sure is a cesspool when any information shared is dismissed because it wasn't good enough in someone's mind.

And you are a perfect example, yet again, of why people want to stay on the sidelines rather than actually contribute. Criticism for aurgument sake only. You did not expect, not would anyone, for me to post the underwriting guides of every company in the market, yet you jumped immediately to criticize the post that most would find revealing enough to pause and look into it.

I suggest more contribution and less accusations, skeptisim, and my God, don't you have anything better to do?

Place sure is a cesspool when any information shared is dismissed because it wasn't good enough in someone's mind.

Wow...touchy touchy! I wasn't criticizing you at all, I was simply pointing out that the way you worded that could be misunderstood by someone new to the business. Are you really that full of yourself that you can never make a mistake...or admit to it if you do(and you do occasionally...I've caught a few on some of your webinars). EVERYBODY makes mistakes...even you.

I always recommend your site as the place to go for people to learn the biz. With your "holier than thou" attitude, maybe I'll not do that anymore.

I even gave you a Thumbs Up for correcting me on New Era. I guess I'll take that back.:laugh:

Could be state specific, but New Era told me this a few months ago when I called.

For open enrollment, pre-x is waived on all plans with or without prior creditable coverage.

The New Era underwriting guide issued on 3/4/16 makes no mention of p-x that I could see.

Last edited:
Questions...........

1. Is this state specific?
2. Are you saying that if you get approved on Cigna, via underwriting, that there is no coverage for pre-ex for 6 months? (And the months is based on state law?)
3. And why does New Era care about open enrollment? If its a T65, they have a pre-ex wait?? Or Georgia has annual open enrollment on Med Supp?

Am I missing something here? Certainly wouldn't be the first time.....

Latest posts

Back