Pre T65 Question on MAPD, Wants Med Supp

tgard27

I have an individual who is 58 and has been on an MAPD for the last 3 years. He is healthy (missing fingers caused the disability), but I am not sure of a carrier who would accept him for a Medical Supplement. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of a carrier that might accept him? This is in Missouri.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tom

I have an individual who is 58 and has been on an MAPD for the last 3 years. He is healthy (missing fingers caused the disability), but I am not sure of a carrier who would accept him for a Medical Supplement. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of a carrier that might accept him? This is in Missouri.

Tom

That's an odd case. Shouldn't be a problem.

How many missing fingers?:twitchy:

That's an odd case. Shouldn't be a problem.

How many missing fingers?:twitchy:

Honestly, 3 fingers gone due to a manufacturing accident. Great health, one small High Blood Pressure pill. No depression/anxiety etc.

I am coming from a captive environment that would have told him no, but this guy can health qualify so long as Mutual of Omaha or Transamerica(who I have heard is a nightmare to deal with) doesn't have a funny rule about this situation.

Tom

Little off topic but i I wonder why does someone who is just missing a few fingers deemed unable to find work.maybe he was a hand model like George Costanza from Senfield was for a while until his accident?

Tom

See page 3 of attached. Start calling underwriting depts.
http://insurance.mo.gov/consumers/seniors/medsupp/documents/MissouriMedigapRates.pdf

Premium might be an issue too. Chances are his MOOP on his MAPD plan will be less than the U65 med supp premium. At least that's how it is here in FL

Premium might be an issue too. Chances are his MOOP on his MAPD plan will be less than the U65 med supp premium. At least that's how it is here in FL

I have gone over that with him. I wonder if it isn't more of a husband wife thing, in that one wants what the other has. I've quoted him two prices(with the hopes that he would feel a sticker shock and with me telling him I was not sure how underwriting would look at this) and he said he needed to think about it. He called me today and said he wants a G plan. Whatever gives him piece of mind. . .

The missing fingers shouldn't be an issue as long as it wasn't due to a disease.
(you said mechanical) The issue is the underage premium.

Back