Pre T65 Question on MAPD, Wants Med Supp

Honestly, 3 fingers gone due to a manufacturing accident. Great health, one small High Blood Pressure pill. No depression/anxiety etc.

I am coming from a captive environment that would have told him no, but this guy can health qualify so long as Mutual of Omaha or Transamerica(who I have heard is a nightmare to deal with) doesn't have a funny rule about this situation.

Really sounds as if you haven't complete information....It would be extremely unusual for a guy to qualify for disability based only on three missing fingers.. I would suspect there is something he hasn't told you about.

Really sounds as if you haven't complete information....It would be extremely unusual for a guy to qualify for disability based only on three missing fingers.. I would suspect there is something he hasn't told you about.

Are you suggesting we read between the fingers?

Rick

Would you want a brain surgeon with 7 fingers? Piano player might have challenges. Blackjack dealer?

Could very well be. I wrote his wife almost two months ago and he brought this up on policy delivery. I told him that I would have to consult with my uplink, which at Bankers is a bunch of chimps flinging poo at the dart board.
Anyways, I have now left that company and am on my way to meet with him next week. I will post how much of the story I didn't hear about.

As far as the SSD, I have no clue as to what does or does not qualify an individual with missing digits as a disability sufficient enough for early social security. Perhaps something with his hands was intangible to his job(which working at a manufacturing plant could easily fit in this realm, or he could have been a hand model like a previous poster suggested).

Happy New Year,

Tom

The law defines disability as the inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity (SGA) by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment(s) which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.
https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/general-info.htm

That's a pretty stringent definition.

SGA defined

Substantial gainful activity is generally work that brings in over a certain dollar amount per month. In 2015, that amount is $1,090 for non-blind disabled applicants, and $1,820 for blind applicants. If you are making more than that amount per month, the SSA figures that you must not be disabled

What Is SGA (Substantial Gainful Activity) for Social Security Disability Purposes? | Disability Secrets

More ...........

https://www.ssa.gov/redbook/eng/definedisability.htm

Little off topic but i I wonder why does someone who is just missing a few fingers deemed unable to find work.maybe he was a hand model like George Costanza from Senfield was for a while until his accident?

I was wondering the same thing. Missing fingers is a disability?

Could very well be. I wrote his wife almost two months ago and he brought this up on policy delivery. I told him that I would have to consult with my uplink, which at Bankers is a bunch of chimps flinging poo at the dart board.
Anyways, I have now left that company and am on my way to meet with him next week. I will post how much of the story I didn't hear about.

As far as the SSD, I have no clue as to what does or does not qualify an individual with missing digits as a disability sufficient enough for early social security. Perhaps something with his hands was intangible to his job(which working at a manufacturing plant could easily fit in this realm, or he could have been a hand model like a previous poster suggested).

Happy New Year,

Tom

What is an uplink?

Back