NewAgencyOwner

Hi there,

I'll be launching my own IA in the next couple of months. I'm in Colorado, and am 90% certain I'll be signing with Premier Group Insurance (PGI). I've been impressed with their commission structure, carrier access, industry knowledge, and especially the knowledge of Shawn Walker and David Colvin and how they've been informative and passionate but NOT high-pressured or pushy in the least bit. On the contrary, they've encouraged me to look into lots of options and choose carefully.

That being said, I'd love to hear some feedback from other agents who've launched with Premier Group. How have things gone for you? What are the things you're most pleased about? What are some things you'd wished you'd known ahead of time?

Any insights or experience you can share would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking a moment to comment if this is applicable to you!

You are on the right track IMHO. Premier rules Colorado in this segment and they have a great and growing reputation nationally. I would consider them if I was in your shoes and I'm in MO.

There is no one right answer to fit everyone. The "right" group for you will depend on your priorities. No matter what the rep tells you, READ and understand the contract. Know the short term and long term implications. I would also talk to PIIB if they are in your state, and canyonlands.

You are on the right track IMHO. Premier rules Colorado in this segment and they have a great and growing reputation nationally. I would consider them if I was in your shoes and I'm in MO.

Thanks, Gulliver. I appreciate the input.

How long have you been an agency owner? Did you use a group or cluster when you started? If so, which one, and was it beneficial, and if so, are you still with them?

There is no one right answer to fit everyone. The "right" group for you will depend on your priorities. No matter what the rep tells you, READ and understand the contract. Know the short term and long term implications. I would also talk to PIIB if they are in your state, and canyonlands.

Thanks, Indienoise. I agree there's no one size fits all. I was just curious at people's specific experience with Premier Group. And I will definitely read the contract carefully and have my lawyer do so as well, to advise. Appreciate your input!

I'd love some more input from anyone who is with Premier Group, especially anyone that's launched with them in the last 2-3 years. I'll likely be pulling the trigger with them before year's end...

NewAgencyOwner, what's the update on this.

I am also interested in PGI and looking for some feed back...

400+ agents. 62nd largest agency in America- Insurance Journal. CO used to be stronghold, but we really are everywhere now. CO is still our backyard...Gulliver is correct, nationally the reputation is spreading.

Simply put. Make business decisions that make good business sense. Take care of the agents as best as you possibly can! They are the customer! Take care of the stakeholders as best as you can (The Carriers)

Lose sleep for folks who need things now, because they are working on commissions... Deliver it now....When possible. (With carriers that is often not possible but get results asap for our clients.)

Last edited:
I did end up going with Premier, and I've been very happy with my decision. The areas I've needed help on, they've been great. They're helping me learn the commercial side and are truly partnering with me on that - they even make themselves available to come to meetings with potential clients on larger commercial opportunities to help you try to close the sale.
They've paid commissions on time, they've been available and responsive quickly when I've had any questions (and I'm now 5 months in). In short, they've lived up to their promises to partner with me and it's great being a one-man shop currently (only employee) to know I've got them as partners. I'd strongly recommend them to anyone looking for the right fit in CO as they launch their own independent agency.

Back