Premier Insurance

SME

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
I just had a client tell me that she was considering a plan called Premier Insurance. The agent told her that it was a Major Medical plan that would give her unlimited dr's visits with co-pays, no deductible, and was $90 a month for her 5 month old son. He said that they had been around for 30 years but I've never heard of them. Any ideas??

I just had a client tell me that she was considering a plan called Premier Insurance. The agent told her that it was a Major Medical plan that would give her unlimited dr's visits with co-pays, no deductible, and was $90 a month for her 5 month old son. He said that they had been around for 30 years but I've never heard of them. Any ideas??

Just one. The agent is FOS! Anytime a client mentions a plan I'm not familiar with I have google ready to go....

You reckon this is them? Or something similar? :)

Former Top American Family Insurance Agent Gets 4-Year Prison Term For Selling Phony Policies

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]June 7, 2007[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]SOURCE: InsuranceNewsNet, Inc.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Nancy Paquette, an American Family Insurance agent, was found guilty of 52 counts of forgery, 52 counts of identity theft, and two counts of theft she committed during an 11-year scamming scheme in Waukesha County, Wisconsin.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]According to Assistant District Attorney Lesli Boese, Paquette created at least 360 fake policies beginning in 1993. The sales of her fraudulent policies generated $300,000 from 2000 - 2003 while her commissions for the last four years amounted to more than $1 million. The two counts of theft involved a commercial customer, which paid Paquette two checks amounting to $54,406 in 2003. She kept the money until after charges were brought against her.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]In May 2006 Paquette was charged with using $200,000 of her own money to establish the policies while working as an independent agent for the company. Paquette then collected $265,000 in commissions by the time her scheme was uncovered. Paquette claimed the phony policies were taken out by organized-crime figures that then disappeared without a trace.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]While Boese described Paquette as a greedy individual who resorted to fraudulent schemes to become one of the company’s top insurance agents. The prosecutor also said Paquette’s actions not only victimized consumers. She also cheated deserving American Family Insurance agents out of the recognition and incentives they would have rightfully earned by her illegal schemes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]But Paquette’s family insisted she practiced a work ethic not commonly found in other people and served as a good role model.[/FONT]

Ask her for the web site. Did see talk with the agent in person or over the phone? Does she have any printed information?

You know that the plan really does not exist - at least not MM. Just for fun, I think you should follow up with her.

From the http://www.premierinsurance.com/ website.

Health
Your good health is one thing that we all take for granted. But with the rising cost of health care and the ever present threat of an accident or sickness, health insurance is a must. It's well known that preventive health care is the best means to a long and healthy life. Health insurance can provide coverage to lower the cost of preventive health care. It also covers the cost of preventative maintenance. All coverage is subject to deductibles and limitations. This coverage can be purchased on an individual or group basis. The plan you choose can be tailored to fit your specific requirements

I did google it. All could find was a branch of travelers insurance that did p&c. She spoke with someone over the phone and didn't seem to know much about it. I e-mailed her the brochures for the BS of CA plans that I am recommending and told her to call him and ask for a plan summary so that she and her husband could sit down and read each plan in detail before they decide. That should take care of it. I'll follow up tomorrow and see how it went.

I looked at that website but they are not licensed in CA, and looked like an agency not an insurance carrier.

Back