Premium Refunds on Individual Plans

fostever

Guru
100+ Post Club
Chicago
This may be a no brainer, but I had a client sign up for a 1/1/2016 Blue Cross Individual plan and had her old Humana plan on auto pay. She thought it would automatically end her current coverage like her mom's MAPD for some reason, I know I didn't tell her that. Anyway, it got debited along with her BCBS plan for January. Is there a provision in the ACA that would help her recover that payment or will she have to eat it for January?

On or Off Ex? (For both 2015 and 2016)

On Ex for both years, you've got an argument, because the FFM is "supposed" to term the 2015 policy.

However, it only happened about 75% of the time.

If either year was Off Ex, then she is out of luck, IMO

On or Off Ex? (For both 2015 and 2016)

On Ex for both years, you've got an argument, because the FFM is "supposed" to term the 2015 policy.

However, it only happened about 75% of the time.

If either year was Off Ex, then she is out of luck, IMO

It depends on which company, some will provide credit if subscriber cancels and then sends them a certificate of coverage with another company but it has to be within a certain period of time.

Thanks, I thought as much and she signed up with Humana before ACA so she is SOL. Thanks for the responses.

Many of my clients changed auto pay to paper bill so they wouldn't be double charged and have to deal with a refund.

Back