Presentation Info

Krono

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been asked to do a small presentation for a group of potential individual clients. I would like to present some statistics on the need for individual (Health, Life, Disability, LTC) insurance. What I would appreciate is any info on:

Percentage of bankruptcies due to lack of insurance?

Likelihood of being disabled at certain age groups and durations usually experienced?

Percentage of those w/o life insurance where kids cannot afford to go to school, or where spouse has to go back to work, etc.?

Does anyone have any info like this...or any other appropriate websites or stats to get people thinking about the safety net insurance provides?

I have been asked to do a small presentation for a group of potential individual clients. I would like to present some statistics on the need for individual (Health, Life, Disability, LTC) insurance. What I would appreciate is any info on:

Likelihood of being disabled at certain age groups and durations usually experienced?

Percentage of those w/o life insurance where kids cannot afford to go to school, or where spouse has to go back to work, etc.?

Does anyone have any info like this...or any other appropriate websites or stats to get people thinking about the safety net insurance provides?

LIFE Web Site - Home Page

Just make sure whatever status you use support stories. Saying that 3 out of 10 people will become disabled is nowhere as powerful as sharing a story about how Jim lost his business, his house and his wife and dog after he filed for bankruptcy when he became disabled.......

With regard to disability, go to the disability insurance agent website. I believe there are some links to sites which will give you some impressive stats on the effect of disability on people's lives.

US Gov has a lot of good info, not sure about how up to date most are, you know, it's our government I'm referring to.

I would agree with the notion of Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics and plus I would add that trying to cover all Insurance as in Life, Health, DI and LTC is far too much. I would suggest sticking with one or a combo of Health and DI since DI is the other half of Health, as in paying for you health insurance once you or if you become disabled. I also agree that personal stories is far more a selling point Vs statistics.

Here is an idea, find four people that had spouses die, two with insurance two without. Find four people that have or is disable with two that had insurance and two the didn't, same with health and ltc. Present them to your group and ask, which group would you rather be in, those that had insurance or those the didn't?

Back