Pretrial Diversion Program. What Are my Chances?

StevenHazel

I have applied for licensure in Florida and my status has shown "Pending" for the last couple days. I'm unsure whether I'll be licensed due to my old criminal background.

In 2001, I went to court for felony charges of theft and forgery, but was admitted into a pretrial diversion program which I completed. Technically, I was not convicted, nor was adjudication withheld (I was removed from the adjudication process). I did have a couple other misdemeanors within the years previous and prior, but I have had no legal issues at all in the last ten years and none of the other legal issues were related to theft. I am unsure how the state treats these matters and can not find good information online.

Has anyone here had any experience with pretrial diversions/interventions and have any insight into how this might go down? :nah:

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have applied for licensure in Florida and my status has shown "Pending" for the last couple days. I'm unsure whether I'll be licensed due to my old criminal background.

In 2001, I went to court for felony charges of theft and forgery, but was admitted into a pretrial diversion program which I completed. Technically, I was not convicted, nor was adjudication withheld (I was removed from the adjudication process). I did have a couple other misdemeanors within the years previous and prior, but I have had no legal issues at all in the last ten years and none of the other legal issues were related to theft. I am unsure how the state treats these matters and can not find good information online.

Has anyone here had any experience with pretrial diversions/interventions and have any insight into how this might go down? :nah:

Thanks in advance for any help!

My guess is that the answer depends and I can't really tell you.

What I can tell you is that the most important thing you must make sure you did was disclose that information if it was requested with an explanation and what happened. If you didn't disclose it and it was requested, you may have an issue.

Secondly, if your theft was related to insurance, I'd say you definitely won't be approved.

If you are approved, keep in mind that the next step is that you need to get appointed to an insurance company. Each company will have different requirements. Be sure that when you fill out appointment paperwork you are completely transparent. If you aren't truthful on appointment paperwork, it's alot harder to deal with and get an exception made than if you were truthful in the first place. So just be and sure and read each question carefully and answer it truthfully and provide additional details if necessary.

Most likely, it takes a few days and if you have something out of the ordinary, they'll need a little extra time to take a look at it.

Let us know how it turns out.

They ask questions about this stuff and that it was for "theft and forgery" is probably going to be the kiss of death.

I wish you luck but I doubt anyone can give you a 100% correct answer on here. When I got started I had a couple misdemeanors but nothing to do with $$$. I also was behind on child support, and owed the IRS a boatload of money.

The arrest/felony due to theft is suspect but at least you did the pre-trial intervention program. It was 10 years ago, as you stated so that may help. As someone else already mentioned, I hope you were totally honest on the application! I remember being on pins and needles awaiting if I was accepted. You just gonna have to sweat it out until you get an answer.

Hope it goes well for you!!!!

Thanks for the replies. Yes I was totally honest with everything on the application but none of the questions were worded in a way that required a "yes" except for a question about misdemeanors in the last ten years. The pretrial diversion was 15 years ago and did not fall within the parameters of the question being asked.

Yes it was theft and forgery but no it was not anything to do with financial services. The case online shows charges dismissed/case closed.

Thanks for the insight. I'll keep you guys posted! My online application says that the bureau sent a deficiency letter with a list of deficiencies that need to be added to the application (explanation of misdemeanor charges). I'm thinking it's good news that they're asking questions instead of outright denying me!:1smile:

I am pretty sure it will not be an issue then, as I too had to send in more supporting documents but each case is different. Let us know!

Latest posts

Back