Primerica Captive Agent?

Joedirt

I recently signed up for Primerica, and I know their main focus is Term Life policies, so I was wondering if I could sell Health insurance through a different company?
I figured if I don't sell their Health insurance, then I can sell someone else's, that's offering me some good money to do on the side. Let me know if I'm right.

I recently signed up for Primerica, and I know their main focus is Term Life policies, so I was wondering if I could sell Health insurance through a different company?
I figured if I don't sell their Health insurance, then I can sell someone else's, that's offering me some good money to do on the side. Let me know if I'm right.

Quick question, Are you licensed yet or in the process?

Do you have a copy of your contract? If yes I would review it, because although you have (or are getting per question above) a license, you may find yourself out of a job if its not allowed.

Primerica is a MLM company and it is against their rules to sell or conduct any other type of business on the side. Go over their rules.

I'm new to the forum and am also part of Primerica and am licensed.
1. You should be able to sell other products that Primerica does not sell or compete with.
2. If you leave, you cannot contact "recruit" any agents or convert client policies for 2 years (not sure this is how it works in the industry).
3. The list of agents and clients is considered confidential and you can't use it for 2 years after you terminate your relationship with Primerica.

My question is: how can you become a broker and sell products of different companies without being an exclusive agent to one?

My question is: how can you become a broker and sell products of different companies without being an exclusive agent to one?

Find an IMO, BGA, or other entity)to submit your business through. You can have access many different insurance companies this way. Make sure you get a street-level contract.

I'm new to the forum and am also part of Primerica and am licensed.
1. You should be able to sell other products that Primerica does not sell or compete with.
2. If you leave, you cannot contact "recruit" any agents or convert client policies for 2 years (not sure this is how it works in the industry).
3. The list of agents and clients is considered confidential and you can't use it for 2 years after you terminate your relationship with Primerica.

1. That depends on your contract. I am not familiar with Primerica, but there are other companies where your 'captive' company has "first right of refusal" - which means you sell them before you offer other companies.
2 & 3. That's called a non-solicit agreement and is generally a standard practice (regarding agents & clients), unless you work for yourself as an independent broker.

Regarding your question: buy some E&O and contract through one or more IMOs and pick which ones you like the BEST when comparing them to each other.

Back