Primerica Captive Agent?

Find an IMO, BGA, or other entity)to submit your business through. You can have access many different insurance companies this way. Make sure you get a street-level contract.
Street level is often used as slang for a major screwing.

You should say Make sure you get the actual commission levels in writing and compare them to multiple IMOs to see if they are competitive.

All agencies call their commisdions “street level” but that doesn’t mean they are all giving the same levels.

Newby is very wise with the advise here. If I could piggy back on that, I would say to make sure you get the OFFICIAL compensation schedule from the carriers. Comp grid is great but nobody can lie to you if you have the actual comp schedule that the carriers give your manager!

For those unaware... here's what an "official comp schedule" looks like.
jphqhd.png

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Newby is very wise with the advise here. If I could piggy back on that, I would say to make sure you get the OFFICIAL compensation schedule from the carriers. Comp grid is great but nobody can lie to you if you have the actual comp schedule that the carriers give your manager!

For those unaware... here's what an "official comp schedule" looks like.
jphqhd.png

Hope it helps!
That’s a perfect example of the importance in doing this right there. I’m not sure if Americo has a level that they officially call “street level.” But that grid you posted is 5-points down from what all the forum IMOs start agents at.

You may have just grabbed that grid randomly for your example. But no agent that compared would ever accept that one.

Back