Primerica -Getting Started in the Business

Only thing better than a soul patch is a man with a pinky ring (which he does not have on.... right now).

My mother always told me do not trust a man with "crazy eyes" or a pinky ring as they are always up to no good :)

Sign me up!

oh wait! What do you mean you want to meet with all my family members, neighbors and friends so you can try to sign them up? I'm already licensed how much comm. do i get if you do? 25%

ouch.

Ok I might get blasted over this but the genius in Primerica is the system they have. If a person sold out to the system rather than worrying about products and commissions they could be financially successful.

The key is to recruit, recruit and recruit. For the market they are in it's not like on a mass scale anyone is going to see the people in their market. Hey I have my reservations about the agent contract and products but with that being said their driving force is the system they have in place. It's designed to take a new person and get them licensed and sell a simple term plan along with a savings program. It's basically designed so many people producing a little business generates a large number of sales.

The major difference with them is they talk to a whole bunch of people. So they don't have to be the best or the most competitive because who else is in the market and who else is offering people a chance to step into the financial service community in a big way.

Sure in our individual opinions there are better options but if no one is competing directly for their clients does it really matter? Art Williams was/is a genius....

Last edited by a moderator:
A perfect reason for independents to avoid Primerica contracts or any other companies that "offer" such a vast upline. If I wanted to put up with this kind of bulls#t, I'd go back to being captive. Just another example of worthless fat cats riding the coat tails of hardworking agents!

And all those people who were laid off that he mentioned...can they pay their bills with their emergency fund? Nope, because some Primerica asshole put their emergency fund in mutual funds. :mad:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ok I might get blasted over this but the genius in Primerica is the system they have. If a person sold out to the system rather than worrying about products and commissions they could be financially successful.

The key is to recruit, recruit and recruit. For the market they are in it's not like on a mass scale anyone is going to see the people in their market. Hey I have my reservations about the agent contract and products but with that being said their driving force is the system they have in place. It's designed to take a new person and get them licensed and sell a simple term plan along with a savings program. It's basically designed so many people producing a little business generates a large number of sales.

The major difference with them is they talk to a whole bunch of people. So they don't have to be the best or the most competitive because who else is in the market and who else is offering people a chance to step into the financial service community in a big way.

Sure in our individual opinions there are better options but if no one is competing directly for their clients does it really matter? Art Williams was/is a genius....

Recruit people who know people and sell insurance to the people they know. This isn't A.L. Williams unique. Every insurance company with a career system does this.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did anyone count the number of times he said "right!"?

Last edited:
I'm not going to debate the pro Primerica side but I will give the mindset. As for the emergency fund it was stressed that it should be something liquid. Now how individual agents assist their clients that's up to them and to an extent their RVP.

A major difference between PFS and other companies with a career system is the PFS agents love PFS. In many instances I have talked to agents about other options and their answer to why they won't leave PFS or look at other programs is they didn't want to hurt their RVP or upline feelings. It's not just work to them or selling products. There's an emotional bond to the company.

Let me say this. People may not agree with Art but when he had A.L. Williams he had a field force of over 200,000 part-time agents. IMO if he never sold ALW he would have over 500,000 agents or more..
ALW would be a beast...

EB34 it's not so simple as fat cats riding coat tails.. Alot depends on the compensation schedules of the companies. I will say this. When agents do go the 'MLM" route it is in the best interest to read their agent agreements. Yet most don't know what to look out for and most everyone finds out the gotchas the hard way. It's very easy to get in to organizations the problems usually crop up when people decide to leave. That's when school is in session. That's when the emotion becomes business...But hey not all things are for all people..

Last edited:
Back