Primerica or State Farm

tmac1220

I'm having a hard time deciding which company is better for me see I started out as a musician and use to promote my music and I stumbled upon a primerica agent and ended up getting my insurance license but the transition has been harder than expected I have an interview for State Farm on Tuesday for a telemarketer position but right now I'm district leader in primerica (50%) so I'm between a rock in a hard place right I prefer advice from experienced insurance agents but all advice is welcomed and appreciated

Because State Farm offers life insurance, you will have a conflict of interest.

Why be a telemarketer for someone else instead of for yourself and your own products?

BTW, 50% sucks for life sales. If you want to focus on personal production and not recruiting, you can easily get an 85%+ contract as an independent agent. There are plenty of people on this forum who can help you do that, if you're open to it.

I have my life insurance license through primerica and also I don't think that she knew that I had my insurance license until we spoke earlier and tell me more about this and I know but I haven't been an insurance agent for a whole year so 50% is not a bad start and I would hate to let my life insurance license go to waist while makin her all the loot

You have your license with the state you live in. you have contracted for life sales with prime. They do not hold or control your license beyond their products. You can certainly go elsewhere and sell for other companies that offer a better product at a better price for consumers.

I am sure if you feel 50% is a good cut and you've worked up to it, you'll have a few agents contacting you about working for them as you apparently are willing to work as cheap as possible.

No offense, you joined into a MLM company that has a middle of the road product and people make their money getting others to sell for them. Prime is an average carrier with a limited product offering.

No offense taken thank you for your honesty and of course I would like more than 50% but to only got my insurance license in January of this year I'm only 21 so the future is bright for me but i wanna get the opinion of real insurance agents to know that I'm makin the right decision.

Haha I just had an interview at primerica today and I really was turned off by them. They want me to basically recruit people in order to make money. Starting at 25% commission! Then I have to pay them 99$ to start and 25$ a month just to work there! Lmao I think I'll pass. Now I literally just got my license so I am not trying to act like an expert but If u have to recruit multiple people and get multiples sales just to equal one sale at a different firm than I'll take the different firm all day

If you really are having a hard transition and still want to work under a captive environment go with Western Southern. They have a ramp up and offer a base during training and I believe all the way to 18 months.

Neither of your choices are very good ones.

No offense taken thank you for your honesty and of course I would like more than 50% but to only got my insurance license in January of this year I'm only 21 so the future is bright for me but i wanna get the opinion of real insurance agents to know that I'm makin the right decision.

Who do you think you are holding this conversation with?

I was responding to LG Gilmore

----------

And that was just a general statement I know I'm dealing with the real guys right now I'm just a young man tryna learn more

Latest posts

Back