Primerica Rates

jcorr

Super Genius
I'm trying to find out how much a $250K on a 34 yo female, NS, 5'4 140 lbs would be with Primerica. I used to be able to plug in the numbers into Term4Sale and it would come up sometimes but now Primerica isn't even on the radar. I knew they used to be pricey but when I was searching a couple of months ago they were at least in the top 20 sometimes. Now, nothing. Did they raise their prices?

I'm trying to find out how much a $250K on a 34 yo female, NS, 5'4 140 lbs would be with Primerica. I used to be able to plug in the numbers into Term4Sale and it would come up sometimes but now Primerica isn't even on the radar. I knew they used to be pricey but when I was searching a couple of months ago they were at least in the top 20 sometimes. Now, nothing. Did they raise their prices?

Request a 30 day trial from Compulife, and you will get access to our Windows PC quoting system which shows all the company results. We limit results in our web quoting options, including term4sale. Get your trial here:

www.compulife.com

There had been no recent change in Primerica rates, but a lot of other companies have had recent prices changes. Also, Primerica uses unisex rates putting female quotes at a big disadvantage.

Also, Primerica uses unisex rates putting female quotes at a big disadvantage.

I bet there will be a greater trend this direction... and only to the advantage of the insurance companies... these folks that run around not sure what they are will end up doing a disservice to everyone... just because you can't figure out which restroom you belong in, doesn't mean the insurance company is going to take the loss on the risk.

I had 3 young'ns of my own, and I raised them to know what they are... science has a way of identifying that stuff. :yes: (or at least it did when I was a kid, correction a male kid.)

I bet there will be a greater trend this direction... and only to the advantage of the insurance companies... these folks that run around not sure what they are will end up doing a disservice to everyone... just because you can't figure out which restroom you belong in, doesn't mean the insurance company is going to take the loss on the risk.

I had 3 young'ns of my own, and I raised them to know what they are... science has a way of identifying that stuff. :yes: (or at least it did when I was a kid, correction a male kid.)

The whole unisex thing was a function of politically correct legislation in two states, MA and MT. Two life insurance companies home based in MA were Savings Bank Life Insurance and Massachusetts Indemnity and Life Insurance Company, which was the insurer used by A.L. Williams.

MA eventually gave up on their politically correct unisex pricing, once they realized it punished female life insurance buyers, and SBLI gave up unisex pricing.

MILICO and A.L. Williams adopted the brand name Primerica but never got over their use of unisex pricing.

MT remains a unisex state, and most companies simply offer their male rates to females in that state. There are some companies who have a truly blended unisex rates structure for Montana, but they are in the minority. Those that do have a more competitive position in MT than those who don't. MT, in case you didn't know it, is not a very big market.

I see no trend to blending male and female pricing, anymore than I see a trend to blending smoker and non-smoker pricing. If anything, the market has trended toward multiple health classes versus simpler rate classes. But there have been attempts to go further than what we have today. At one time CNA had 6 non-smoking health classes, but that went the way of other rare species, with most companies now having 3 or 4 non-smoking classes, with a couple having 5. Most companies have only one or 2 smoker classes. None of this includes substandard (table rated) pricing.

Once again, I see no change coming in the market.

The whole unisex thing was a function of politically correct legislation in two states, MA and MT. Two life insurance companies home based in MA were Savings Bank Life Insurance and Massachusetts Indemnity and Life Insurance Company, which was the insurer used by A.L. Williams.

MA eventually gave up on their politically correct unisex pricing, once they realized it punished female life insurance buyers, and SBLI gave up unisex pricing.

MILICO and A.L. Williams adopted the brand name Primerica but never got over their use of unisex pricing.

MT remains a unisex state, and most companies simply offer their male rates to females in that state. There are some companies who have a truly blended unisex rates structure for Montana, but they are in the minority. Those that do have a more competitive position in MT than those who don't. MT, in case you didn't know it, is not a very big market.

I see no trend to blending male and female pricing, anymore than I see a trend to blending smoker and non-smoker pricing. If anything, the market has trended toward multiple health classes versus simpler rate classes. But there have been attempts to go further than what we have today. At one time CNA had 6 non-smoking health classes, but that went the way of other rare species, with most companies now having 3 or 4 non-smoking classes, with a couple having 5. Most companies have only one or 2 smoker classes. None of this includes substandard (table rated) pricing.

Once again, I see no change coming in the market.

The tea leaves for this one is in the daily news... makes no market sense... but the culture will drive changes... like, will healthcare cover sex changes? Will marijuana be legal? Can tax payers be made to pay for abortions? Can people force you to leave a restaurant because of who you vote for? Will the court force you to bake the cake? ...just wait... you'll see. :yes:

The tea leaves for this one is in the daily news... makes no market sense... but the culture will drive changes... like, will healthcare cover sex changes? Will marijuana be legal? Can tax payers be made to pay for abortions? Can people force you to leave a restaurant because of who you vote for? Will the court force you to bake the cake? ...just wait... you'll see. :yes:

Wait to see - check that, I'll be waiting.

Here's the hiccup in your giddy up: Unisex rates mean women pay more for life insurance.

Have fun with that.

Wait to see - check that, I'll be waiting.

Here's the hiccup in your giddy up: Unisex rates mean women pay more for life insurance.

Have fun with that.

Agree fully with you... no fun here... just people paying more for something because of other stupid people... a bit like taxes. :yes:

Wonder if the framers ever envisioned the mess we have now... it's a gradual slide... I live in IL, trust me I know.

Isn't there a section for you guys to bond on? one that is not public?

Unisex rates have NOTHING to do with gender identity.

One of the two of you thought gays should be gathered up and put into internment camps. Place the men with the men and the women with the women so they can't make gay babies. That in itself says a ton about you. Might need to think about it for a bit.

SMH

I warned the owner of this site that when he closed that special forum place a few years back that stuff like this would drift into the general public's view. I don't care if you guys keep this kind of crap to yourselves. But, it is another thing when you post on the public side of things for this forum. You paint all agents in the same racist bigoted brush.

Please refrain from this crap. Most agents think they are the funniest guys on the planet. That would be an incorrect assumption.

Back