Primerica

Discussion in 'Getting Started Selling Insurance' started by teamafx, Feb 17, 2007.

1. teamafx

teamafx New Member

State:

please tell me everything good/bad about primerica. I have a good friend who got his license much like I did last year. I havent used mine and still havent gotten into the business mainly because massachusetts isnt the greatest place for it. He was looking at primerica and I know nothing about it, but I remembered this forum, so I figured id ask

2. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Well-Known Member

State:
    South Carolina
  3. indaville

indaville Well-Known Member

State:

Just tell him to stay away!!

4. dollabills88

dollabills88 New Member

State:

Wow, what happened to the ripoffreport? Have they been bought out or sued?

5. honestagent

honestagent Well-Known Member

State:

The kicker here is this: After you or your friend uncover their types of products offered, with term being the primary - just ask yourself this one question below.

Does every person need to eat ground sirloin hamburgers for his/her primary source of red meat, which is protein?

6. Alsky

Alsky Well-Known Member

State:

Primerica?

Can anyone tell me about a company called Primerica?

7. LGilmore

LGilmore Well-Known Member

State:
    Washington
    there's probably alot of stuff here elsewhere. Basically as close to mlm as you can get in insurance. So-so rates. Representatives usually lack basic insurance knowledge or understand how their own policies work.

They are a big "everybody else is bad.. but us." kind of salespeople and company. If there was only "one" good company out there, we'd be doomed as a country.

8. arnguy

arnguy Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Primeamerica bought out the old Massachusetts Indemnity Life Insurance Company which issued the term life products sold by agents of A.L. Williams Agency. Art Williams got into some hot water with several state DOI's and retired. Primeamerica bought out his business. They hire part-time "agents" who are mainly interested in recruiting (typical MLM tactic). Aside from the emphasis on recruiting, they approach prospects with a "buy term and invest the rest" mantra that Art Williams promulgated. They tear down whole life, UL insurance. Their term life is overpriced.

9. 2112Greg

2112Greg Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    They are the Amway of insurance. If you know anyone who has had a good experience in Amway, perhaps Primerica is worth a shot. If not, I'd politely decline joining their cult.

(the cult comment is jest)

10. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    Why Citigroup wanted anything to do with them, I don't know.

Chipper is hot!