Printer Recommendation?

Hanger

Expert
Indiana
Anyone have a solid history with a decent printer and can recommend?

Single person- home office.

Two schools of thought, get a low/medium priced one and buy a new one every 18 months-
Buy higher end and keep for several years...

Thanks.

We have been using the HP Officejet Pro series for several years now. Usually get a couple years or so out of them. Fax, Duplex print and scan, usually find after market ink online. Technology changes, rollers wear out. Find a close out deal and it comes with new ink.

I have owner $1,000 laser printers. Didn't pay off for me. Especially today with less and less need to print.

I spent more on my ScanSnap scanner.

I have been running Brother laser printers for years (both mono and color), and will not buy another brand. I have owned Lexmark, HP, Samsung, and Cannon. I have used and abused Brother and would and do recommend them.

I would suggest you buy a multi function Brother mono laser. You can scan, print, and fax (now do that via a company on line). If you have need for color items like personal stationary or cards, I suggest that you use GotPrint or a similar company as they will produce a higher quality product than you can get from home printers.

@WinoBlues is right on target, the need to print has been reduced greatly with the advent of the electronic apps. Transamerica moved to an electronic app and has reduced deforestation in Sought America by about 50%. :laugh:

No need to go top of the line... ink is the cost to be aware of.

I have used and abused Brother and would and do recommend them.

I love those little super cheap Brother laser printers. When I printed much more I kept one on the credenza behind my desk. Fast and cheap.

I still snail mail my clients so I like 600 dpi color and heavier paper in my mailed pieces. File stuff and illustrations get mono 300 dpi.

Thank you, makes sense and I agree anything with color etc online printing solutions are far more cost effective.

This is why I figured I would ask- at the most, figure people occasionally send out some mailers but probably few and far between actually sent from home.

I could see birthday mailers from the home office making sense since they aren't that often....perhaps I'm wrong.

I have been running Brother laser printers for years (both mono and color), and will not buy another brand. I have owned Lexmark, HP, Samsung, and Cannon. I have used and abused Brother and would and do recommend them.

I would suggest you buy a multi function Brother mono laser. You can scan, print, and fax (now do that via a company on line). If you have need for color items like personal stationary or cards, I suggest that you use GotPrint or a similar company as they will produce a higher quality product than you can get from home printers.

@WinoBlues is right on target, the need to print has been reduced greatly with the advent of the electronic apps. Transamerica moved to an electronic app and has reduced deforestation in Sought America by about 50%. :laugh:

No need to go top of the line... ink is the cost to be aware of.
I’ve got a mono Brother laser all-in-one in the home work station so my wife can get to it easily for her projects. I’ve also got a Brother color inkjet in my office (in one of the bedrooms). Like my Toyota vehicles, they’ve proven themselves reliable for several years now. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to another brand. Plus they offer lifetime support. I have literally never needed to call them, but it’s nice to know they’ll always be there if I should need them.

I’ve got a mono Brother laser all-in-one in the home work station so my wife can get to it easily for her projects. I’ve also got a Brother color inkjet in my office (in one of the bedrooms). Like my Toyota vehicles, they’ve proven themselves reliable for several years now. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to another brand. Plus they offer lifetime support. I have literally never needed to call them, but it’s nice to know they’ll always be there if I should need them.

Do you have the high volume cartridge option? Claims 3k pages....

We also are homeschooling, one carb muncher left. :laugh:

There where days those printers didn't even have time to cool down... yes, brother tends to be the Toyota of printers. :yes:

I have called customer service over the years once or twice and had my issues resolved in a very positive manner.

No... I don't get paid to market them... but I should. ;)

What computer are you using? i have always found that the customer service is better if I have matched companies whenever possible. Just make sure you can scan, fax, and feed multiple pages

Back