Private Long Term DI with Acoustic Neuroma (Vestibular Schwannoma).

Female, age 55, massage therapist, diagnosed in May with a right side 7mm x 4mm acoustic neuroma.

Acoustic neuroma - Symptoms and causes

She's applying for long term disability insurance (I know, adverse selection). :yes:

What is an underwriter likely to do?
Is she having it removed?

Anything that can lead to hearing loss is likely a decline.

She could try Lloyd's through Risk or Assurity graded but if were her agent, I would certainly quick quote this everywhere before submitting an app.

The alternatives are surgical removal or radiation. Too early to tell yet.

Hearing loss would only occur in the ear on the side where the AN is. The other ear would continue normally.

She could try Lloyd's through Risk or Assurity graded but if were her agent, I would certainly quick quote this everywhere before submitting an app.

I'll relay that.

Thx.

It also says it can cause you to lose your balance. An accident waiting to happen? :huh:

Checking with one of my carriers, but I have strong suspicion how they will respond.

I'll update in the morning, but they would likely want to postpone until after treatment and then wait until she is back at work (if she loses work).

DI carriers are not fond of prospects that have pending cancer treatment.

Back