Pro-rated Mapd 1st Yr Comp - No More?

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Got an e-mail today...

"We are pleased to announce a change in the way we pay Medicare Advantage product compensation.

Our current compensation for Cycle Year 1 enrollments is paid on a pro-rated basis. CMS now allows carriers to pay FULL YEAR compensation for Cycle Year 1 enrollments, regardless of the effective date. We have decided to begin paying FULL compensation amounts for CMS deemed Cycle Year 1 enrollments beginning with August 1, 2015 effective sales."

This is the first time I saw a change where it seems like they are going back to the old way of doing things, if I'm reading it correctly....

Got an e-mail today...

"We are pleased to announce a change in the way we pay Medicare Advantage product compensation.

Our current compensation for Cycle Year 1 enrollments is paid on a pro-rated basis. CMS now allows carriers to pay FULL YEAR compensation for Cycle Year 1 enrollments, regardless of the effective date. We have decided to begin paying FULL compensation amounts for CMS deemed Cycle Year 1 enrollments beginning with August 1, 2015 effective sales."

This is the first time I saw a change where it seems like they are going back to the old way of doing things, if I'm reading it correctly....

Some plans never changed.

Got an e-mail today... "We are pleased to announce a change in the way we pay Medicare Advantage product compensation. Our current compensation for Cycle Year 1 enrollments is paid on a pro-rated basis. CMS now allows carriers to pay FULL YEAR compensation for Cycle Year 1 enrollments, regardless of the effective date. We have decided to begin paying FULL compensation amounts for CMS deemed Cycle Year 1 enrollments beginning with August 1, 2015 effective sales." This is the first time I saw a change where it seems like they are going back to the old way of doing things, if I'm reading it correctly....
which carrier sent you the email?

Which carrier sent you this? My understanding is that each carrier has the right to pay and they all seem to decipher it different ways. I wish they would all get on the same page though really annoying for the commission system.

It's my understanding that since the initial CMS change to the FMV for commissions, that carriers had the "option" to pay initial year pro-rated based on the month of enrollment or full regardless of the month. CMS basically let the carrier choose what they wanted to do. The Ohio plan wants you to take another look at them because they probably realized they missed out on some enrollment because they were pro-rating.

Back