Problem 80yr Old & Medicare Part B.

asher

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hello All!

I have an 80 yr old male with a 79 yr old spouse.
Retiring from job at end of Dec.
Gave him Employer Verification & Application for B.
Paperwork complete he comes to see me.
I go over paperwork and find employer group coverage from 1/2006.
We're missing 6 yrs of creditable coverage & employer info.
He tells me he moved to FL in Dec. 2005 and was hired by current company.
Prior employer defunct-gone. How can I get proof of prior employer and group health so he doesn't pay 60% penalty.
Tried speaking to National SS line- worthless. Rep said the client is screwed.
I can't believe that's true.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello All! I have an 80 yr old male with a 79 yr old spouse. Retiring from job at end of Dec. Gave him Employer Verification & Application for B. Paperwork complete he comes to see me. I go over paperwork and find employer group coverage from 1/2006. We're missing 6 yrs of creditable coverage & employer info. He tells me he moved to FL in Dec. 2005 and was hired by current company. Prior employer defunct-gone. How can I get proof of prior employer and group health so he doesn't pay 60% penalty. Tried speaking to National SS line- worthless. Rep said the client is screwed. I can't believe that's true. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
He is likely to get a penalty and will need the help of Maximus to appeal. They will take his employer information and research it. For this reason I tell T65 who are still working and postpone Part B to get a RFEI form completed if they change jobs before retiring. I had one client who had to get three RFEI forms at retirement which created some challenges from the previous employers.

Latest posts

Back