Problem with creditable coverage

I've been selling Medicare insurance for 17 years LostDollar, I'm quite aware about them needing to know if they had credible coverage or not to avoid the penalty. I just stated that something had to happen with the initial letter the PDP company would have sent out that didn't satisfy them to where she now has to do an appeal through Medicare. I think there are some threads about this the last few years.

I wrote a 74 year old female a Part D recently. CMS charged her a surcharge for not having prior coverage. The problem is that she has always had employer coverage until retiring, but now CMS wants to know every carrier she had coverage with since she turned 65 in 2008...Is there any way she can get this info from Medicare?
Medicare contracts with Maximus to research Part D LEP appeals:

Appeals Inquiries | MAXIMUS Federal

My experience is that they are great advocates for the beneficiary. I’ve seen them get Part D LEP stopped and refunds on LEP already paid.

I wrote a 74 year old female a Part D recently. CMS charged her a surcharge for not having prior coverage. The problem is that she has always had employer coverage until retiring, but now CMS wants to know every carrier she had coverage with since she turned 65 in 2008. She worked with a group of doctors who were bought out by Sacred Heart. They can't tell her what she needs to know. There is no telling how many times she has changed carriers in 11 years. Is there any way she can get this info from Medicare?

Medicare contracts with Maximus to research Part D LEP appeals:

Appeals Inquiries | MAXIMUS Federal

My experience is that they are great advocates for the beneficiary. I’ve seen them get Part D LEP stopped and refunds on LEP already paid.

Thank you WCMason for the info. I will tell her to call them ASAP.

So you asked your question again here:
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/how-to-prove-prior-drug-coverage.99253/

Without making any acknowledgement of the help which you received in this thread.

What happened when your client called Maximus in May?

Back