Problem with my Agent.

Garrharr

I am a LSP for an Allstate agent in Indiana, and have been since Aug of 2015. Recently the work situation has become un-tenable, he is paying me far below the market average (11 dollars an hour, poor bonus structure), and he expects me to work every Saturday morning without pay. Originally the majority of my job was traditional sales via leads, referrals, and business relationships; through which I was selling about 30 items a month. Now, however, he wants me telemarketing 4 hours a day, and he has reduced the lead flow to almost nothing. Obviously I didn't sign up to be a telemarketer, or to work overtime without pay.

These issues are aside from the personality conflicts.

My question is, which other companies should I apply at, I am a good salesman and am confident I can be successful almost anywhere. Any advise would be very appreciated!

I am a LSP for an Allstate agent in Indiana, and have been since Aug of 2015. Recently the work situation has become un-tenable, he is paying me far below the market average (11 dollars an hour, poor bonus structure), and he expects me to work every Saturday morning without pay. Originally the majority of my job was traditional sales via leads, referrals, and business relationships; through which I was selling about 30 items a month. Now, however, he wants me telemarketing 4 hours a day, and he has reduced the lead flow to almost nothing. Obviously I didn't sign up to be a telemarketer, or to work overtime without pay.

These issues are aside from the personality conflicts.

My question is, which other companies should I apply at, I am a good salesman and am confident I can be successful almost anywhere. Any advise would be very appreciated!

If he is paying you as an employee, then he would be in a world of hurt if your state or federal labor departments knew he was requiring you to work overtime without pay. If he is paying you 1099, he cannot set your hours because if he does then you become an employee.

If he is paying you as an employee, then he would be in a world of hurt if your state or federal labor departments knew he was requiring you to work overtime without pay. If he is paying you 1099, he cannot set your hours because if he does then you become an employee.

WOW! Rousemark, way to answer the question! At this rate you should be up to 11k comments in a matter of days! Keep up the good work! :D

If you're a good salesman and confident you can succeed anywhere then working personal lines is probably not the place for you. I'm also having a hard time believing any Allstate agent would expect work without pay. Ignoring that, you may want to try to get a job doing commercial work or maybe find another Allstate shop. Anyone can work leads, the real question is what can you self generate.

If you're a good salesman and confident you can succeed anywhere then working personal lines is probably not the place for you. I'm also having a hard time believing any Allstate agent would expect work without pay. Ignoring that, you may want to try to get a job doing commercial work or maybe find another Allstate shop. Anyone can work leads, the real question is what can you self generate.

My grandfather owned an Allstate agency for 20 years, the agent I work for now has a horrible reputation for reasons like I listed above. Either or, I only have my P&C license, and my goal is to purchase a book of business at some point. So assuming I want to stay in personal lines, what companies generally treat their sales staff well? I have been considering State Farm, and have put an application in to Liberty Mutual.

That's a great point, I'm not a hundred percent sure on how he has me classified. I'll find out though.

I am a LSP for an Allstate agent in Indiana, and have been since Aug of 2015. Recently the work situation has become un-tenable, he is paying me far below the market average (11 dollars an hour, poor bonus structure), and he expects me to work every Saturday morning without pay. Originally the majority of my job was traditional sales via leads, referrals, and business relationships; through which I was selling about 30 items a month. Now, however, he wants me telemarketing 4 hours a day, and he has reduced the lead flow to almost nothing. Obviously I didn't sign up to be a telemarketer, or to work overtime without pay. These issues are aside from the personality conflicts. My question is, which other companies should I apply at, I am a good salesman and am confident I can be successful almost anywhere. Any advise would be very appreciated!

Your agent has tun out of money. Run away quickly.

Back