Producer pay for Captive Agency

kobe33333

I've been working as a producer/service rep for a Captive Agency for a few years, and wanted to know what others in similar roles are making? I should note that I receive a base pay without taxes being withheld, and no benefits provided. Licensed in P & C and Life-duties include writing new business and servicing existing accounts. I do receive commissions for new and renewal business that I write.

When I was licensed 3 years ago, I didn't have many options for full time work. But now having toughed out the first few years, I see a future in the industry and that has me considering more steady compensation from a larger agency (captive or independent)

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Matt

Your asking what we make is like asking if each cloud will look alike. Each person has a certain way they sell and some will make more than others.

What is your approach? How do you find new clients? Most of is here will tell you that going Independent will make you more money in the long run. But if you like being captive, what your are seeing in pay now, is what you will always get unless you double or triple your game. Jumping from one company to another wont make you more money. It will just waist your time and talents. Remember, all those you have sold in one company being captive, you cannot take with you to the next company for at least 1-2 years, so you need to have a plan on how to market and build your book back up again, but if you stay captive, it isnt your book, its the companies.

Back