Producer Walk-in/call-in Rotation

Hello,

I was hoping someone could shed some light for me on the issue of the walk-in/call-in business being distributed to the in office producers. How do you determine which producer gets a walk-in/call-in quote. Right now we have a person that keeps a running list on a shareable excel document of the rotation order. I feel like this is somewhat antiquated and not 100% accurate as we have people that are skipped due to being busy or out to lunch, etc.

Does anyone have a accurate and fair way to distribute this type of business to producers?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,

MM

Hello,

I was hoping someone could shed some light for me on the issue of the walk-in/call-in business being distributed to the in office producers. How do you determine which producer gets a walk-in/call-in quote. Right now we have a person that keeps a running list on a shareable excel document of the rotation order. I feel like this is somewhat antiquated and not 100% accurate as we have people that are skipped due to being busy or out to lunch, etc.

Does anyone have a accurate and fair way to distribute this type of business to producers?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,

MM

Flip a coin. Wrestle for it. Or you could go independent. :twitchy:

We are a full service independent. We do 90% P&C. Me and my partner are agent owners. I have two locations, I run our bigger office and my partner runs the other. I have 6 producers at my larger location and I was just curious of how other agents handle the walk-in and call-in business.

At my agency any walk-in/call-in is a house account. Why should a producer get it? It's your agency, you put in the time, money, long hours, weekends, sleepless nights, etc. You've built your personal/business reputation and if some one is willing to walk-in/call-in to your office, you should get the benefit of it. Those accounts are the gravy or the sprinkles on an ice cream cone. That's how I feel about it. Plus it will eliminate the rotation and tracking who gets what problem.

If your agency is busy with walk-ins/call-ins I would suggest hiring another full time or part time CSR to handle those. With that being said, there are times where we do pass a prospect on to a producer, but try no to make it a habit.

I also think it helps get our agents out prospecting and soliciting new business rather than getting it handed to them at office.

If you would like to discuss this further I would be more than willing to.

Best of Luck!
Sconnie

At my agency any walk-in/call-in is a house account. Why should a producer get it? It's your agency, you put in the time, money, long hours, weekends, sleepless nights, etc. You've built your personal/business reputation and if some one is willing to walk-in/call-in to your office, you should get the benefit of it. Those accounts are the gravy or the sprinkles on an ice cream cone. That's how I feel about it. Plus it will eliminate the rotation and tracking who gets what problem.

If your agency is busy with walk-ins/call-ins I would suggest hiring another full time or part time CSR to handle those. With that being said, there are times where we do pass a prospect on to a producer, but try no to make it a habit.

I also think it helps get our agents out prospecting and soliciting new business rather than getting it handed to them at office.

If you would like to discuss this further I would be more than willing to.

Best of Luck!
Sconnie

I would agree with that. A producer isn't sitting in an office waiting for business to walk in. That is a CSR who may get a small bonus for writing it. And perhaps that is what the question is really about. A producer should be out beating the bushes to find new business.

I would personally give it to the house, or, reward the top sales person for the week with an entire week of "free" walk ins. Reassess every week not including walk-in business to select top salesperson.

Competition can be good, if you can manage it correctly, effectively, and fairly.

Im not sure exactly what you are marketing or what your business model is, but from the little I know this might be effective.

Good luck!

Back