Profile and user CP

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
How do I access my profile and set my preferences?

I like to cruise incognito but perhaps I can't on this format. I don't like folks bugging me when they see I am online.

What about all the goodies in CP, like subscribed threads, blocking folks that are annoying, PM's, etc.?

You can also find many settings in dropdown menu as well as some engagement stats on the green navigation item

xf-user-cp.jpg

Yeah, found it by accident.

Someone moved it and didn't tell me. Not even Google could tell me where it was.

Oh, and the TOP button is now working for me. But only if I click it in a "seasoned" post. If I click TOP in a post I just submitted or saved, it does nothing. But if I click the post above the one I just made or edited, it works.

Go figure.

I added the option back which allowed users to choose whether they want to see signatures while browsing the site or to remove them.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/account/preferences and find it under Signature Display

This affects the only browsing session of a user who makes a choice in above link.

To be clear, this does not remove the user signatures from your profiles.

After looking at it more on desktop version. I would suggest taking away the multi-line descriptions of each individual forum.

On the life forum you have 3 lines describing what it is. Annuity forum has 3, benefits forum has 4. If a person doesnt know what the life insurance section is about... they are beyond the help of a 3 line description, lol.

It really clutters up the UX. You have just 1 line showing the recent post, but 3x that describing the section.

It also makes everything just blend in together. Titles of individual forums look exactly the same as their description and all that looks exactly the same as the most recent post. It all just blends together and looks totally cluttered. So maybe look at making the titles bold or something so they stand out more.

Personally, Id rather see previews of 2 or 3 recent posts and eliminate the needless descriptions.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Back