Progressive / ASI Homeowner's...Thoughts?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anybody writing w/ ASI? I've seen some pricing come through that seems pretty darn competitive. I don't write much w/ Progressive BUT I can get an appt w/ ASI & I'm wondering if it's worth it? I have mutual's who'll competitively write home/dwelling fire business all day BUT they're nitpickers on inspections.

Thoughts on ASI?

ASI is great. Just make sure to follow their UW guidelines since they are very stringent. No trampolines, no viscous dog breeds, no diving boards or slides, certain construction types are ineligible. Very credit heavy, prefer newer properties, and not competitive with non cat loss history. Good luck!

I think you missed the 'non smoker' discount!

I agree with TX, pretty strict, rather a pretty picky market. But a complement to Progressive. If you have Progressive, I would recommend to get the appointment. In AZ, no production pressure here.

Do you have access to Pacific Specialty?

Dave

I don't have access to Pacific Specialty..in fact I've never even ran into them. I use a smaller mutual for my monoline home business & want to get to profit sharing with them so for that reason I'm hesitant to take on another monoline property carrier. But again I've seen ASI be very competitive on dwelling fires etc.

Progressive actually hasn't allowed us to get appointed with ASI in the past because we barely write anything with them. Literally we write a few motorcycles a year & maybe an auto policy every other month. Mostly everything I do is package business for new home buyers & progressive can't touch my other carriers.

You think ASI would be like progressive & not care about production? I had the convo with our rep & explained that without a home outlet with them our hands are tied because we only issue packages. I still don't think progressive/ASI as a package is gonna touch my preferred carriers...but still of ASI doesn't care about production then why not have another option?

In AZ, Progressive is does not Flo, either. Rates are high, unless you have a commercial auto with a driver that has a MX drivers license.

Check to see if Pacific writes in your state, not sure. They will take the marginal risks, exclude animal liability, write the acv roof if needed, OK with a couple of losses.

I too am all about the package. Sometimes one has to blow it up to get it done!.

Dave

I write a lot of biz with ASI, they are very competitive. One of their reps stopped by our office last week to let us know they are getting into NY, and we got approved. They are very strict with UW guidelines, but overall I like writing business through them.

ASI is a fantastic company. We write their PHA accounts here and there but write all our mono-line home with them. They push a $500 deductible which helps our elderly, new home buyers, single mothers. Recently I visited there facility in ST. Pete and took a boat ride on The owners yacht in the Tampa Bay. The staff is top notch and very receptive. They do require production unlike Progressive. Underwriting is a little strict but they hold a key place in our book. Claims have been fantastic. Always willing to work with you and website super easy.

I highly highly recommend this carrier.

How about their profit sharing / bonus program? How much premium do you need? What type of production are they looking for? What's the commission>?

How about their profit sharing / bonus program? How much premium do you need? What type of production are they looking for? What's the commission>?

Profit sharing if you have less than 2% underwriting cancellation ratio.
Your local rep will sometimes have bonus programs for PHA accounts written.
Accounts- 40 policies per year I think
Premium- if your hitting the app count you won't need to worry about premium.
Commissions are good. Blended rate between wind and fire. Avg. is around 16-17

Back