Progressive Auto

Simple105

Hi we're an independent agency in n.y
(Brooklyn & upstate)open for a year, Trying to get direct with progressive,
I heard in the last year they made it very hard,
What would you recommend to tell or show them they should accept us??
(Sorry if I asked this type of thing in my last post)

I'm sure they will want the normal stuff, loss ratios, growth, marketing plan, etc.

Call the local rep and ask them what they want. This usually isn't something they hide and if they are limiting agents coming in the door, they will usually flat out tell you this without hesitation.

I'm sure they are trying to cut out some agents that are appointed with them and rarely write them... or use them to pull reports and then write the risks through another carrier. Make sure you will use them if you want to get appointed with them.

Dan

Probably has to do with your location. Too many agents maybe? Though they are pretty saturated around here. Maybe they didn't give me any grief because I had a year's history with them at my old agency?
They asked me for at least 2 apps a month. They also aren't that competitive around here so maybe that has to do with how easy or hard they are to get? My rep doesnt seem terribly concerned with quotas so long as I quote them on "everything", as he says. A year ago they were pretty wide open, if still unpredictable. Anymore though it seems like they don't want to offer installments on half of what I quote, only PIF. Maybe that's a sign it's time to find a premium finance company, lol.

Back