Progressive backdoor b.s.

Scott Ashton

Expert
Had 2 customers that pay in full for 6 years.....lost them to AAA based on much lower premium even though coverages were the same. Was told by AAA they have a special deal worked out with Progressive so they can under sell the agencies. Lost another client today to Progressive Direct. They also mail my paperless customers quotes who I already have with Progressive from Progressive Direct and undercut me. Total lost premium this week alone... $1200. When are us independents going to get smart & start placing our book with competitive carriers. When I confront Progressive they feed me a line of b.s. When quoting a customer in For Agents Only, DO NOT leave the customers email info in the quote. They will pursue them!!! They are the most underhanded #$##!@. I understand competition...but with myself??? When you quote Progressive to the customer and they say, "that's funny they gave me a lower price", it makes you look like you're cheating them. I guess you can just say, yeah they're cheaper don't call me anymore.

There is a lot of other shenanigans that Progressive pulls. Most of the people in my office flat out won't deal with them. However, since Progressive and Mercury are two of the most competitive in commercial auto right now (and I am 100% commercial), I am dealing with both of them quite a bit. Even though I don't want to. Most of my bizz auto policies are north of $6,000 I guess it's worth it.

P.S. I think your thread title is hilarious.

6 months ago I got an insurance quote from Progressive.
home and auto.
Auto was 810 a year.
I did sign up for their snapshot.
I was told at that time that even if it came back bad it wouldn't change the charge by more than 54 dollars.
ok, I have been driving for 35 years, no tickets, no accidents, no claims.

no problem, what the heck I figured it would be fine.
BOY WAS I WRONG.
I drive an F-150 with heavy duty breaks.
i tow for recreational use (snowmobile trail and a boat) so wanted the extra stopping ability for safety.
That snapshot went of dang near everytime I went to stop.
Always in the last 10-15 MPH of stopping.
Heavy duty breaks will do that.

Well I figured this thing was a scam when I realized what it was doing.
But you pay a HEFTY fine if you remove it before the 6 months is up.
So I figured I was going to lose 50 dollars because I don't drive a leaf or something.

WRONG
they jumped my premium dang near TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS.
They took the bill form 405 every 6 months to 595 every 6 months.
They said it was all because of hte snapshot.
PROGRESSIVE IS A SCAM, DON"T USE THEM.

Back