Progressive Boat Policy Territory limits?

Sure. Anyone who reads the policy can address that question for you.

Did you read it?

What did it say?

Call your Progressive underwriter if you are having trouble understanding the policy terms and conditions.

Sure. Anyone who reads the policy can address that question for you.

Did you read it?

What did it say?

Call your Progressive underwriter if you are having trouble understanding the policy terms and conditions.
I'm not a broker, so no access to their policy booklet, just trying to compare it to another policy.

Contact them and tell them you're considering their boat policy vs. another one but need a copy of their policy to compare them. If you're a betting person, I'll bet you $50 they'll refuse to let you have a copy. And I'm not picking on Progressive.

I repeated an experiment recently in getting auto and home quotes online from Progressive, GEICO, State Farm, Safeco, etc. Not a single one of them would allow me to review their policy before I made a purchasing decision.

Can anyone think of any other legal contract you enter into, especially one where everything you own and a big chunk of what you might earn for the next 20 years is at stake, where the drafter of the contract refuses to allow you to read it before signing?

While I realize that the vast majority of insureds never read their policies anyway, this is the epitome of nontransparency. I've often said if I could be an insurance commissioner for a day, the first thing I'd do is require every insurance company to immediately make their policy forms publicly available where requested and give them a year to make them available from their web sites.

Back