Progressive personal auto insurance

Scott Ashton

Expert
After spending 23 yrs. servicing & maintaining clients who send me customers for auto insurance, if I quote personal auto through Progressive, I as an agent am undercut if the client calls Progressive direct. I look like a) a fool and b) like I'm trying to inflate my price. Hence, not as many policies from old clients. I wish collectively us Florida independent agents would a) try to move their book of business away from Progressive b) if any other carrier is close to Progressive's price, sell the other policy. (at least the other companies are taking care of you the agent. I told Progressive I get the picture...reduced commissions, no LOCAL territory managers to help their agents. Obviously, they need to step up their advertising like Geico and hire non-licensed clones at minimum wage to save even more money. Any thoughts or ideas out there....?

I know you are looking for a very specific answer, but I will give you my general answer.

I moved to commercial insurance. I started in personal, and started doing more and more commercial. Now I am 100% commercial and haven't touched a personal policy in a year. My retention is very high, and I don't have to worry about competing with any cartoon characters on TV.

Back