Progressive Verification

mbr82769

Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with this new verification process with Progressive. No human contact only the same emails sent over and over trying to verify garaging issues if things dont match up. Customer wanted to purchase the auto policy back on 1/6 and I am still going back and forth with an automated system with my verification documents..... arrgggh!! no number to call... at the mercy of automation?

Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with this new verification process with Progressive. No human contact only the same emails sent over and over trying to verify garaging issues if things dont match up. Customer wanted to purchase the auto policy back on 1/6 and I am still going back and forth with an automated system with my verification documents..... arrgggh!! no number to call... at the mercy of automation?

Haven't run into this yet. What triggered this?

I've ran into this several times, but not like you described. this had nothing to do with emails. it happens one of two ways. one way is that while running a quote, the person gets flagged, saying that proof of garaging is needed before they will bind the policy. it takes 2-3 business days for them to process it after proof is sent.

whenever this happens, I move along to the next cheapest carrier... these people want insurance today... waiting that long will likely lose a sale.

the other way I've seen it happen is after the policy is active, the customer gets a letter in the mail, asking for proof of garaging. they get so many days to prove garaging address or the policy cancels. this isn't as big of a problem except when a customer procrastinates, and I don't find out about it soon enough.

but neither of those are new. I've seen both happen for well over a year.

With GEICO, I caught on to the fact it would often trigger a similar type of flag when the driver license or choicepoint/lexisnexis home ownership results didn't match with the location address on the application. I imagine Progressive is similar so I'd watch for that

I've noticed several carriers becoming more proactive about garaging address... too many people living in big cities claiming to be living in small towns.

Customer had moved to new address over 3 or 4 months ago. But all garaging address verification has to be less than 60 days old. even the drivers license. What makes it very difficult is its only handled via email every 1 - 2 days once you submit your proof... so far its taken over 10 days of diligently providing everything they need to prove garaging location. Never seen underwriting handled this way.

Will they let you fax it in? I send all of my verifications to Progressive via fax and it seems to work well. I haven't gotten anything automated yet though. i log in, see the issue and fax it in and check the next day.

Only went through this process once because it was a current client who was buying an escalade and progressive was the only (nonstandard) carrier who would take it. They responded to the address verification within 24 hours actually, but they didn't accept the documents we sent them, lol. So I convinced them to buy a different car. Normally when I get this message I just move on to a different carrier.

Back