Progressive, You're Killing Us !

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
OK.... car insurance has officially be come a "commodity". Saw the Progressive commercial last night "give us your price and we'll build a policy for you!!" What a moronic approach to insurance. Now they're stealing marketing ideas from priceline?

What's next, Burger King asking if you want auto insurance with your angus burger? Walmart $4 generic auto ins.?

Progressive....if your listening....you suck!!! You want more market share....?? Maybe a little loyalty instead of trying to bone your agents every chance you get ???

I've seen that commercial. I had the same feelings. Actually, I was somewhat surprised their compliance department would allow it out the door, but then, it does say that they will adjust the coverages to make it work, nothing else.

It's good gimmick marketing, but its also very sleezy marketing. My guess is the commercial won't last long, but in the meantime, it will be effective.

Dan

Hey progressive, I want auto insurance for $10 per month...Yes I've had speeding tickets, DUIs, Auto Accidents, collisions with deer I may tend to be 2 months late with the payment so I need any fees for reinstatement waived...so am I approved I want to drive through someones front door real soon :)

I want auto insurance for $10 per month

Why pay so much? Remember, 15 minutes could save you 15%, which means you only have to pay $8.50. Perhaps you could be on time at this rate? I know it means giving up 1 double mocha half fat double whip choco latte per month, but maybe it would be worth it at this price.

Dan

Why pay so much? Remember, 15 minutes could save you 15%, which means you only have to pay $8.50. Perhaps you could be on time at this rate? I know it means giving up 1 double mocha half fat double whip choco latte per month, but maybe it would be worth it at this price.

Dan

I so only hope you know I was only joking. But I would think the type of clientele that ad brings in would be like I was spoofing about...But you are right about paying $10 ...I know I once got so upset at a LI appointment because all the client cared about was my carrier was $5 more per month then the crap accident policy he had now and the face values where different....But hey if he knew that he was going to die of an accident as a fare paying passenger on a bus ocean liner or airliner who was I to argue, I told him I could provide coverage for $1 per month unfortunatly the coverage was only good for 1 day out of 31 and the carrier would choose which day that was after the month had passed.

Don't worry, I was just spoofing on your spoof.
Peoples expectations amaze me somedays. But then, the ads encourage it.

Sort of like the old Visa / Mastercard commercials that SAID that you needed this secured card so you could start enjoying the good life. There was nothing about having a credit card that would allow you to spend more money than you have to spend, but they neglected to tell you that part.

The truth with credit cards is as soon as you use them, you have less money to buy the good things in life, not more. They are a tool, but a hammer can be used for both construction and destruction.

This progressive ad is every bit as bad in my opinion. You are right though, they will get some bottom feeders that currently don't have insurance, need it for a short time, and then never make another payment again....

Dan

Why would you want the type of business that Progressive is bringing in? If you have a client that is pinching pennies like that what else could you sell them that would protect them incase of a crisis? As far as I am concerned Progressive can have all of the bad credit/accident having/no paying people they want. I prefer to take clients from captive agents =)~

(Kidding)

-KT

It's funny we have different reactions to this. This is exactly how we sell car insurance. We put packages together based on factors and price is one of them. While I don't say name your price we'll build the policy essentially that is what we do and I'm assuming you all do.

Back