Project 200 Question

I've found that most new agents don't even know what hard work is. And, if they don't work hard, they won't be terminated...but their income will reflect it. Try finding that at a "fair job."

Why wouldn't you agree with this? Do you think it would be better to have the insurance comapny pay for exams & license? Kinda like how the state will pay for you to go to college to learn how to become a teacher...right? wrong. Like how hospitals will pay to send you to Medical school...right? wrong. I think an agent should have skin in the game.

The company owes you squat. You haven't done anything for them. You haven't created a product to sell. You haven't financed a company to stand behind the product. They owe you commissions when you sell. Period. And, as a 27 year old who has only been licensed for a little over 2 years, I'll say that the long-term commissions are more than generous. The sky is the limit.

They don't "owe" this to you, but if they want their products sold, it is in their best interest to educate. They create underwriting guides - have you read them cover-to-cover? That's all the education you need...

Won't that come with experience and production?

I don't think I could make more money in any other industry. And I still feel like I'm just getting started. The money is there to go out and get if you work for it.

I'd question if they really failed to hold up their side.

WOW.. a level headed 27 year old. :yes:

I think it got alil off topic and lead to a nice debate. I am not officially contracted yet (stupid testing facility still hasnt gotten me my papers) but I have been in training all week last week. And from what we are learning and talking to other agents I am 10x more excited then before. My managers seem very good and I am expecting some great training from this general office. I don't see any way to fail as long as I sack up make my calls, go out and prospect at our events, and put in the time and effort I need to. My only regret so far is that I didn't find this industry when I was 18.

I have been lurking and really haven't said much in here... As I know I can learn more from the masters when my mouth is shut... But this glad2bqueer guy really should be banned. He is that annoying guy on the show that everyone wants to kill or maim or vote off the island because he simply won't shut up and move on! I'm sick if him shitting in every thread and pulling it off topic (I apologize for doing this very thing).

I'm sick and tired of hearing him bitch and moan about the same thing over and over! Grow up! When I sold cars we used to run when a liberal teacher like you showed up on the lot...with their notebook and their extensive research about which vent visors block more rain.... And their ten day thinking about it period and whining fest. THIS ISN'T A HAND OUT OR A GOVERNMENT FEMA CAMP!! You don't get tenure! Some will, some won't, so what!!! Stop whining, start working!

Dude. You couldn't hack it. Stop grinding the axe and go back to sipping stale coffee, shirts with elbow pads, and gossiping about teenager acne in the worn out negative teacher's lounge with your wrinkled high blood pressure going nowhere Co workers! Stop lurking in a forum full of winners and movers and shakers and muddying up the water...

Hmmmm.....must have touched a button. I guess I can appreciate your point of view.....especially the way that it was expressed in your post. Just a guess....but I'm thinking that at some level of thinking----I assume you are able to think for yourself--- you appreciate that my observations are accurate and my conclusions germane.

Had we been talking about the Investment Banking Industry I am quite sure I would have run into the same sort of Denial. People who benefit from the way that Banking does business will not see anything wrong with what or how those bankers perform. In like manner, Insurance professionals who benefit from how and what Insurance Companies do will also not see a problem with the conduct of Business.

I continue to hold that it does no good to blame the thousands of individuals, who get churned through the industry, for their lack of dedication or or sound work ethic.

FWIW.

I just signed my contract with NYL yesterday. My first PCO class is next week. Here are my thoughts on the project 200, which I'm required to provide as well, as a completely inexperienced noob. I absolutely despise the idea of bugging my friends and family and trying to get them to buy any kind of insurance, including life insurance. So, I'm not going to. What I am going to make sure of is that my mailer, however, is not requesting that they buy a policy, but more or less introducing them to what I'm doing and asking them for referrals, in a polite and colloquial manner. No pressure. If some of them happen to need a policy themselves, then hopefully they'll think of me. I have one or two friends in particular who are networking kings, and you better believe I'll be attending every function possible for some face-to-face networking.

With that said, I'm coming from a salaried job to 100% commission, and I have a 5-month-old. I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm nervous as hell and simply can't afford to go a month without some kind of paycheck. I've passed up similar opportunities in the past, but NYL sold me this time with what appears to be the consensus best initial training in the industry. I'm smart and a quick learner, so I have every confidence I can learn the product and speak intelligently to potential clients' needs. What I'm nervous about is the transition, finding that first stream of prospects before I have referrals, and alienating friends/family. On the flip side, I have tons of motivation, and will just have to learn to trust in my own hard work.

I'll go ahead and tell you now. You won't see a dime in commissions during your first month. Take it to the bank. So unless the sales manager or partner is going to pay you out of their own pocket, you'll go at least a month with no income.

The only possible way is if you can find something that doesn't require a paramed, APS, or transfer of funds. And you better get it in early in the month too so you don't miss whatever the commission cutoff too.

Now that said, the point of the Project 200 is to get a few quick sales and hopefully tons of referrals.

Back