Proof Of Mailing???????

Discussion in 'Direct Mail Marketing Forum' started by lgreen, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Glen Shelton

Glen Shelton Well-Known Member

State:
    Oregon
    I guess we would need to find a new forum jester if he was banned...

2. John Galt

John Galt Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Now that's funny right there LOL, although I do believe sirherbie does put up decent numbers.

----------

Oh yea. Its called the "ghost writer" program cause that is all it will attract....Ghost app Writers LOL:D

But the commish is 175%, so they will kill it cause 175% of $0 is still a big fat zero, but hey, that's net!!:D

3. Unlimiteddata

Unlimiteddata Member

State:

My direct mail leads are unlimited. What about yours?:)

4. pcbinsurance

pcbinsurance Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    Lists are not leads. Lists are not leads.

5. tgard27

tgard27 Member

PCB is exactly right. I will resort to projectile vomiting the next time I hear that a list of names equates to leads. :1arghh:

6. GreenSky

GreenSky Well-Known Member

State:
    Nevada
    Getting back to the subject of proof of mailing....

It was the lack of proof that was my first clue that MSPM was cheating me. I was able to see that they held my mail for at least a week without mailing.

Then when they stole my proprietary mailing piece I was sure of their "honesty."

Rick

7. goillini52

goillini52 Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    It's tame here tonight, so let me get behind the curtain before I say it..."a targeted data list equates to leads".:twitchy:

Seriously(I know I'm in the minority), when I order a targeted data list and I put the info on a card to cold door knock that person, I consider that to be a lead. A lead that's a notch above going door to door.

I know that it'll be said that at least with DM, TM or Avatar leads they did something to show interest. But there're serial mailers/responders in that mix and I don't think those people have shown any more interest than the person I'm going to cold door knock.

I agree that DM, TM and Avatar leads are still a much stronger lead(and they cost much more). To me a lead is a name of someone to talk to...who is a good prospect for what I'm selling.

There's no doubt that DM, TM and Avatars are more efficient, and as I get older, I'm leaning towards and buying more of the "traditional" leads.:)

8. Newby

Newby Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nahhhh. Those are lists. And I still don't even agree that a door knocker needs a list at all. Just knock any of them that looks to home. A list will just slow you down.

9. goillini52

goillini52 Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois

From the list comes leads. Whether it's cold door knocking or telemarketing to set appointments off the list. You create your own leads. Cold door knocking gives you a place to go.

I'm talking about working Med Supps, so I don't think the list slows you down...I'm looking for old people. If you're door knocking for life insurance, I agree that the list would slow you down, because everybody's a prospect.

10. Newby

Newby Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes for Med Sups a list would be better.