Proposed Bill to Roll Back HRA Penalties

If this happens, it could have a huge impact on small group plans with migration to the marketplace.

Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Proposed bill would roll back HRA penalties | BenefitsPro

If this bill passed it would open up all of the small group market for agents to make a seamless transition for small businesses to Off Exchange plans, I can't imagine it being extended for policies with subsidies.

The bill has bipartisan backing, maybe it has a chance to happen...

If this bill passed it would open up all of the small group market for agents to make a seamless transition for small businesses to Off Exchange plans, I can't imagine it being extended for policies with subsidies.

The bill has bipartisan backing, maybe it has a chance to happen...

It should be extended to subsidies, it would help resolve the family glitch....

It should be extended to subsidies, it would help resolve the family glitch....

I went through the bill (courtesy of Bill) and could find nothing in there about subsidies being excluded-what is excluded is that the HRA can't be used if the coverage is under a spouse's employer based plan.

I couldn't find anything, though, about the family glitch....

This could help IFP. However, Congress won't extend it to plans with subsidies. That is double dipping, a general "no-no" in creating tax law.

Nonetheless, it offers a tax advantage to non-subsidized IFP customers to balance the tax advantages of subsidized IFP, self-employed IFP, and group plans.

Could they use the HRA for the non subsidized portion of the premium?
How about for the out of pocket costs instead?

Back