Prorated True-Up commission payments??

No way they pay us the full amount mid year and pay us the renewals in Jan.
I’m pretty sure I’m seeing my UHC grow renewals middle of the year.

No way they pay us the full amount mid year and pay us the renewals in Jan.
I’m pretty sure I’m seeing my UHC grow renewals middle of the year.
CMS made a change in this. Maybe 2-3 years ago? No more mid-year renewals. Full year true-up for the calendar year of the enrollment regardless of month enrolled, renewals start Jan. of next calendar year. Got a couple true-up MA in yesterday for start today. The holy grail of “windfalls.”

Does it depend on individual carriers how they pay mid-year trueups?? Or even if the payouts vary from state to state.

If the client is brand new to medicare it pays full commission no matter what month, then starting in Jan you start received renewals on the plan. If its an unlike plan change IE PDP to MAPD or MAPD to PDP. It pays initial year compensations of 455 this year that are prorated based on the effective month. Like to like plan changes pay the full renewal commission that are prorated based on the effective month

It's up to the carrier if they pay full commission or prorated on first year.
In my area, UHC pays full commission for DualComplete regardless of when they sign up. Everything else if prorated, so I only see full commission if it's a 1/1 effective.

This is my first year so I am new to all of this. I was just told tonight, that mid-year new to Medicare Advantage sign-ups are prorated. I think I did one t65 MA last year, but I'd have to do some digging to find what the true up was. Can anyone post a link to the CMS rules that spells this out. I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks

Back