Prospect Enrolled Direct In MA- Disenroll and Get Paid?

steve3752

Expert
I have a prospect that I met and she then enrolled in a MAPD PPO with United Healthcare direct Effective date is June.

I know there is one IEP. If she disenrolls, will UHC allow me to reenroll her. I called the Producer Help Desk and they said yes, but I don't trust that to be correct.

Anyone have that come up?

Thanks

I have a prospect that I met and she then enrolled in a MAPD PPO with United Healthcare direct Effective date is June.

I know there is one IEP. If she disenrolls, will UHC allow me to reenroll her. I called the Producer Help Desk and they said yes, but I don't trust that to be correct.

Thanks
Do you plan on putting her on the same plan? I wouldn't fool with it. Walk away.

Thanks

There isn’t one IEP. It never was effective. Write her with a new plan. I’m not saying if you now write her with uhc ppo that you’ll get paid but you can definitely get paid with any other company under IEP

I actually had a client enroll in June with Careplus under another agent. She attended my seminar and said she liked me better and wanted to sign up under me, she didn’t like her agent.
I said, it’s ok just stay with the plan, it’s a good one for her. She insisted so she called Careplus and canceled her policy. I plan on writing it again on May 1, hoping I’ll be the AOR. But I won’t hold my breathe.

Thanks
I think that that is an OEP-New if you’re under 3 months from the effective date of the IEP. Meaning that it’s just like OEP (3 month period), but for a New to MA. June appears to be too far in the past for thst OEP yo apply if I’m understanding the situation correctly.

I think that that is an OEP-New if you’re under 3 months from the effective date of the IEP. Meaning that it’s just like OEP (3 month period), but for a New to MA. June appears to be too far in the past for thst OEP yo apply if I’m understanding the situation correctly.

Swing and a miss. A person first has to be an MA member in order to use the OEP-New so the election can't occur prior to the initial enrollment using the ICEP/IEP.

Really, since 6/1 is so far out, the client should be good to cancel the enrollment, regain her election, and choose another plan.

Swing and a miss. A person first has to be an MA member in order to use the OEP-New so the election can't occur prior to the initial enrollment using the ICEP/IEP.

Really, since 6/1 is so far out, the client should be good to cancel the enrollment, regain her election, and choose another plan.

lol. I thought that he was referring to the past June. With everything going on, I've lost track of timing. :)

Back