Prospect with no computer

J2727

Super Genius
Do you deal with prospects or clients who don't have a computer?
I find this to be rather absurd. I understand if a 90 year old doesn't use a computer, but people in their late 60s?

How do you deal with someone like this? Or you just pass on them.

You can't email them anything.
No updates, videos, nurturing, etc.

You can't do an e-app for any line of insurance, including Medicare.
So, you would have to do a face-to-face appointment.

Even if you do face-to-face sales, the person still doesn't have email. So you can only use phone to communicate (before and after), which is just too limiting.

If you do phone sales and e-apps only, this is a deal breaker.
Or do you make an exception every now and then?

I'm conflicted.

I have not worked with anyone who does not have a computer in at least a dozen years. Have a few who can't do much beyond email and read FB.

My guess is MOST folks 65 and older have some working knowledge of a computer unless they were bagging groceries before they retired. Many of my clients have tablets or do everything on their smart phone.

I do have one client with AOL dial up.

Didn't know dial up still existed.

If they don't have email I move on.

I find this to be rather absurd. I understand if a 90 year old doesn't use a computer, but people in their late 60s?

Even if you do face-to-face sales, the person still doesn't have email. So you can only use phone to communicate (before and after), which is just too limiting.

I'm conflicted.

A computer? Are you from the future?

For FE agents working low income seniors I'd say more than half don't have computers or even email accounts. Many that do have them don't have a printer or paper or ink or any way to complete an app that needs a signature let alone doc-u-sign.

You just use voice apps or you mail them the forms OR face to face. There are WAY more people even in their 50's with no interest in having a computer than you would ever imagine.

I come across people with no internet or computers a few times a year. Not an issue.
I do a paper app. And we talk on the phone for any type of follow up services. If I need to send them anything, I use the USPS, and a stamp.

What's the issue? How is talking on the phone, using a stamp and doing a paper app absurd?

I come across people with no internet or computers a few times a year. Not an issue.
I do a paper app. And we talk on the phone for any type of follow up services. If I need to send them anything, I use the USPS, and a stamp.

What's the issue? How is talking on the phone, using a stamp and doing a paper app absurd?

This I do run into it from time to time Same Idea, I use mail when needed, Paper App, Material by mail,

Most times it works out well if I send anything. I won't waste time If I don't feel its a strong Follow-Up, Though

So do it the old fashioned way. Go out and provide personal service with pen and paper.

You'll survive.

Just like those of us who sold insurance before there were computers. We had to write everything out on parchment with quill pens. :laugh:

Now THIS I want to see. The ink bottle on the clipboard.
or
Keep that beneficiary name in your mind Ma'am. I have to sharpen my pen.

You must have had a whole different set of scripts to accommodate the "technology".

I'm conflicted.

You're not conflicted.....you're spoiled! :biggrin:

As the other old timers on the board said, go old fashioned and take a paper app. Go and actually see the client. Who knows, you might get a piece of pie if you do...lol.

Ditto what most others have said.
If your business model is hard and fast electronic, just move on. Or better yet refer them to another agent.

I am mostly a phone based business. However I will drive 3 hours for one appointment. If I feel like it. I use Priority Mail a lot. Has tracking and I believe the envelope lends so importance to the paperwork. $15. To send and return is cheaper than having to put on long pants.

As to follow up - text is king. For me. Many of my senior clients text. If for no other reason to communicate with their kids and grandkids. *

I get the majority of my referrals after a phone conversation. So I don't mind.

Back