Prospecting Idea Question

Zemo14

Expert
Has anyone had any experience partnering with a local baby store? I am thinking about approaching some of the locally owned stores and offering to host a Saturday morning event where I provide refreshments and they email an invite out to their list for an educational event on life insurance basics. Curious to see if anyone has tried this.

I've never tried that... but one would think that Gerber Life wouldn't be where they are if they didn't target the "baby market".

Has anyone had any experience partnering with a local baby store? I am thinking about approaching some of the locally owned stores and offering to host a Saturday morning event where I provide refreshments and they email an invite out to their list for an educational event on life insurance basics. Curious to see if anyone has tried this.

DHK hit it on the head. The only thing that comes to mind when I think about the "baby market" is Gerber Life.

Different thing, Gerber Life is generally for kids (Except for their guaranteed issue product). I'm thinking about first time parents that SHOULD have life insurance in place to protect the family. Once that's done, then we can talk Kiddie Policies.

If you're going to market in a baby store... people are there to think about their baby. I'd start with the kiddie policy because it would be the natural marketing flow and message.

I think you're thinking about it backwards only because of the venue. I agree with you that parents need coverage first, but their mindset isn't thinking about themselves, but about their baby.

Just my thought.

I got an e-mail from Gerber the other day stating they would sell new baby leads for $10. Be easier to buy them.

Seems like a waste of time. Even if it works a bunch of 100 Ap policies. Sure it opens the door to the parents but unless you get a huge turnout (I doubt) it is a waste of time.

Why not create a flyer and place it on the windshields of cars outside the store. In an 8 hour period you could probably pass out 300 flyers.

I find it incredible some of the larger companies won't allow coverage on a child (fully uw) unless the parents also have life insurance coverage.

I don't, I find it good underwriting and public policy. Why does a child need a large policy if the parent does not? And don't tell me it is because the parent can't pass underwriting. Companies are completely fine with that. They will issue coverage on a child if the parent is uninsurable. But to have a child insured with a large policy and no insurance on the parents? Something is wrong.

Back