Prospecting Individual Health

Stonewall

Expert
I came in contact with a guy that has a high management position in a captive company. He apparently was in the field for 20 years and has HUGE renewals.

My understanding is that he walked into 100 businesses a week (usually finished this by Tuesday evening). Apparently, he averaged $22,000 AV per week by using this system, and this system only.

Any of you do this? Know anybody that does?

I'm guessing if one had the resolve to do this week in, and week out, that they'd have to succeeed!

Any thoughts? Any examples of the approach you'd use if you were to do this activity?

Yes it works. If you're willing to do it, you'll kick ass. Just be polite and knowledgeable. There is a tremendous amount of movement in the market. Running the numbers you'll find folks that hate their current plan due to rate increases and/or lack of quality. Be prepared to switch gears into another product/company and have the goods: marketing collateral, apps, rate software etc and close it down.

Best of luck!

I smoked it going B to B.

In fact, if someone ran a contest - $100,000 prize - most production for the month wins but you could only use one marketing method I would choose B to B - and I'd smoke everyone.

Go pick any other system you want - buy all the leads you want. You won't touch my B to B production at month's end.

BtoB is the most effective way to gain business and best ROI. Does it suck? Sure. That's why techniques like this don't last.

I was new with Mega and didn't have lead money. Three senior reps told me that B to B was a flat waste of time.

I had a great time when I won the trip to Cabo for production and I'm sure they had a good time while I was there working their leads.

Great!!! Please share with us your personal success stories of this process!!!

Well, P-A-U-L, I put my nose to the grindstone. I simply walked into every mom-and-pop shop there was: mechanics, dry cleaners, tool & die, body shops, realtors, you name it. I told them about myself and what I had to offer, listened, then got talkin about how I could help them. It's real work with real pay offs. If you have options, you can usually help them. If you're captive, well you know.

Like John, it was when I was with Mega. This method is very typical of captives: UA/AIL, Mega & their 19 sisters, and a plethora of others.

These days we've all got fat cutting each other's throats buying shared leads.

Lately I've been selling a boatload of Term ROP. As Dave and Suze hate anything but straight term, ROP is very logical (unless you smoke and/or get rated heavily) Nobody's bitchin cuz they love it (the concept). Sure we could invest the difference but what's wrong getting back a big check when you outlive the policy? Oh Lord, here it comes.....

I simply walked into every mom-and-pop shop there was: mechanics, dry cleaners, tool & die, body shops, realtors, you name it. I told them about myself and what I had to offer, listened, then got talkin about how I could help them. It's real work with real pay offs. If you have options, you can usually help them. If you're captive, well you know.

Like John, it was when I was with Mega. This method is very typical of captives: UA/AIL, Mega & their 19 sisters, and a plethora of others.

Perhaps still the best method of local marketing. These are the kinds of businesses that usually don't end up searching the web or calling into a place for quotes. They haven't put too much thought into it since likely they are insured by some other means, but would certainly consider what you have to say.

I used to do it with NML, it was effective. That's why I quit doing it. They have a saying in at least the insurance world, "if it works, find something else". :D

Back