Prospecting Phone Calls

What are some ways people deal with call reluctance in reference to prospecting phone calls? I find myself procrastinating and doing other things that are nothing more than a waste of time rather than just doing it. I know just doing it is what I need to do but I have a heck of time.

You know what...I tried a new agency that cold called recently. I did not last very long before I said enough. This wasn't worth it.

The phone is hard and cold calling is extremely hard and scary. Out of 50 calls, 30 did not answer, 5 screamed at me, and 5 said no thanks.

You know what...I tried a new agency that cold called recently. I did not last very long before I said enough. This wasn't worth it. The phone is hard and cold calling is extremely hard and scary. Out of 50 calls, 30 did not answer, 5 screamed at me, and 5 said no thanks.

What did the other 10 do

What are some ways people deal with call reluctance in reference to prospecplainingting phone calls? I find myself procrastinating and doing other things that are nothing more than a waste of time rather than just doing it. I know just doing it is what I need to do but I have a heck of time.

Also look at reading The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.

It deals with writers block but it goes perfectly with sales prospecting.

It's definition and description of "resistance" is pure brilliance. I can say it helped me with overcoming cold prospecting to bigger and better clients better than anything I have ever read.

I was going to write a review on a business forum that I lightly participate on when someone else who's business exploded did a post explaining how he went from nothing to making a lot in a relatively short time. In that same thread he said to read The War of Art. Crazy the timing. This isn't a business book and I came across it when looking to become a better writer (I've written two books and a short story in the last 7 months).

So yes read The War of Art. Your library may have it.

It has some weird stuff in it but the guy is an artist so it goes with the territory.

18 years later and I still start mornings the same way.

I worked for a great sales vp and we finished and started every day the same way. At the end of the day, we would write out the first 10 sales calls we were going to make the next morning...and when you walked into the office the next morning,...no b.s. with co-workers, no checking your email, reading the news, calling your mother, wife, friends, etc...just pick up the phone and dial....and it works....as you build momentum, you increase the number of calls each morning, the effect is it gets your priorities straight - that the phone is your number 1 obligation.

What are some ways people deal with call reluctance in reference to prospecting phone calls? I find myself procrastinating and doing other things that are nothing more than a waste of time rather than just doing it. I know just doing it is what I need to do but I have a heck of time.
I don't like exercising either, but I feel better after, and I get to check it off my list!

Also reading this before hitting the phones helps!
http://www.amnesta.net/mba/thecommondenominatorofsuccess-albertengray.pdf

Get a power dialer, and a second monitor, and learn to multi-task. Then you can check your email, update your social media posts, and browse this forum between calls!

Back