Prospecting Vs. Buying Leads

Jan 29, 2016

1. TFMSINC

TFMSINC Expert

State:
    Oklahoma
    It seems that most on this forum buys leads, or uses telemarketers. Does anyone actually street canvas businesses? Does anyone use group presentations to schools, independent living facilities, etc at all? If so, would you care to share your success/failures? Thank you.

TFMSINC, Jan 29, 2016
  2. Ric Craig

Ric Craig Expert

State:
    Florida
    I tried street canvassing for Colonial Life a while back here in Fl. and it was grueling with all the gate keepers and heat. I just felt like a total salesman schlepping around and getting doors slammed on me..... but im not a super salesman but they get hammered by salespeople all day long and they are very busy with a business making money.... its a tough game.... leads are the best. I also did the family and friends route and when people see me coming, they go oh he is going to talk insurance... im just not trying to mend that.. LOL!!!!!

3. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    We're in an age where you can market passively 24/7/365.

Personally, I would say that every agent needs to start transitioning out of buying leads. There are activities that you can do once that could pay dividends for years and be much cheaper.

I suggest reading "The Digital Life Insurance Agency" by Jeff Root. Coupled with YouTube... Content marketing is going to be much cheaper and sustainable in the long run.

4. hockeyday

hockeyday Guru

State:
    Michigan
    Ya old rooty will sell you leads too,

5. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    If you want to buy them, sure. Doesn't mean you can't just generate them yourself.