Prospective Clients App Got Declined

Lately smoking pot has become a real issue with declines. Client thinks they should not mention it because it may not be legal in their state. My own son in law smoked 2 days before he had his medical exam. I could shoot him. so when they answer "NO" to the question you need to probe further because recreational use can be allowed by some carriers. But an answer of "NO" when the stuff shows up in the blood draw will get a decline almost every time
Most carriers that I use allow recreational MJ use, but you must disclose it and you get smoker rates. I can see where it would be a decline if they said NO and it showed up.

Don't see how they can charge smoker for that, I suppose stranger things have happened though

They can do whatever they want as long as they have a rational basis for the decision, it's disclosed and not contrary to existing law or regulation.

It could be as simple as, "Our company policy is to rate anyone who uses marijuana or any product containing marijauna or THC as a smoker."

It could be as simple as, "Our company policy is to rate anyone who uses marijuana or any product containing marijauna or THC as a smoker."
From what I've seen (now) that seems to be about the jist of it. It could change in the future as more states make it legal. The cases I've done, if they use MJ in any form, its been tobacco rates. No different than chewing tobacco, with all companies but a couple, you still get tobacco rates even though you aren't smoking the tobacco.

Back