Prospective Clients App Got Declined

Jul 29, 2019

1. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    The Dif is chewing tobacco causes cancer just the same, I've seen those picks with half jaws and such it seems the chewing is worse than the smoking, At least they make it out that way

vic120, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I don't know of any carriers that allow cigarette smokers to get non-smoker rates. There are several that allow chewing to be standard or even S+ non-smoker.

Most life carriers don't differentiate the delivery device for THC. Protective is the only one that I've seen use "inhaled" or "not inhaled" (and rate it non-smoker/smoker). Most just call it "recreational marijuana use".

Trans, Omaha, Minny life, North American, Lincoln, Pru, AIG are all good for recreational users.

Lincoln is probably one of the most liberal w/ frequency.

3. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California
    I have gotten that exact answer.

I have also issued a P+ $1,000,000 policy I quoted Std+. She had gotten a Smoker offer after admitting to the edibles with Cinci. AIG said possible STD+ if admitted and clean labs.

4. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California

Frequency rates vary a lot between companies.

5. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee

I never ran into someone who chewed tobacco for Med Supp or even when I sold Maj Med, Just going by different things I have seen on the dangers of chewing tobacco

What I have seen may even be propaganda designed to make it look worse then it is for all I know

Just seemed a little crazy to me, However I have no real-world experience in use or in underwriting with it

vic120, Jul 31, 2019
  6. theleadingagent

theleadingagent Expert

State:
    Tennessee

Ohhh!!!! I think the hospitalization is what led them to want fully underwritten.

But still this was on the app my manager reviewed before submitting it to insurance company so I’m not understanding a) why the manager didn’t notice this and b) why the manager was acting clueless when I said the company was requesting medical exams

Maybe the manager was smoking pot while reviewing this clients app. Idk?

I don’t want to blame the manager but .... damn it seems like my manager failed on this one.

Does this companies decision make it harder for prospective client to get approved for simplified issue term policies with other companies?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  7. goillini52

goillini52 KeepAmericaGreat...Eat Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    He was...he was smoking with me. :yes:

8. Allen Trent

Allen Trent Guru

I believe Some, like Minnesota Life & Prudential allow up to 20-25 uses per year and still be classified as a non-smoker. Basically treat it as celebratory like they do cigar smoking