Prospects for DISABILITY INCOME Clients

benseattle

Expert
Trade publications continue to feature articles concerning the need for Disability Insurance, particularly since so few people actually own it. Yet, we hear story after story of clients whose entire lives and well-being were saved because they had the sense to listen to an insurance agent selling DI.

Yes, I'm comfortable selling a number of products but I'm considering an added emphasis on Disability Income Insurance, most likely toward small business owners. After all, they have the most to lose in the event of a disability, they have the money and very likely they would be accessible via telephone.

Now, lest anything think that I'm a newbie to the field, that's hardly the case and yes... I'm confident I can come up with my own useful approach script. But I always appreciate feedback from the discussion board. Does anyone here focus on DI (while certainly willing to sell other products as the need arises?) If so, do you have any specific prospect tips or script language that would be worth including in my approach?

My concern is that so many prospects take the attitude that "Well, it sounds good but since I've never been hurt and I've never been sick, I think I'll pass."

Advice and counsel welcomed!

Back