Prospects in the Claims Process

Gotta love the client that demands that they get what they paid for their car when they wreck it 20 years after they buy it. WHAT DO YOU MEAN my 1990 Camry isn't worth $20k??!?

My favorite response to this is always, "call the commissioner's office and tell them we're cheating you and see what they advise.."

Anyone else enjoy telling people to call the commissioner's office and complain? What alternative could I really say when they don't understand depreciation?

Also recently got a call, "hey can you add med payments effective 16 days ago?"

I have to admit, I have never found "telling off" a client, prospect, enemy to be rewarding. Generally I didn't even feel better for the moment, just more confrontational.

I do enjoy telling someone that wants to butt heads that we aren't the right fit and to find another agent. Some still want to fight after that, amazing.

Although, that last one is hilarious, "Uh.. no?"

I have to admit, I have never found "telling off" a client, prospect, enemy to be rewarding. Generally I didn't even feel better for the moment, just more confrontational.

I do enjoy telling someone that wants to butt heads that we aren't the right fit and to find another agent. Some still want to fight after that, amazing.

Although, that last one is hilarious, "Uh.. no?"

Not rewarding, but you know you've got at least one client that you wish you'd never met.. Super nice and thankful when you wrote them but as soon as there's a claim they turn into super-children?

Not rewarding, but you know you've got at least one client that you wish you'd never met.. Super nice and thankful when you wrote them but as soon as there's a claim they turn into super-children?

Since my current book is life, not really. ;) They never bother me at all come claim time.

Although I know what you mean, there are certainly plenty of annoying clients post-issue. I can't non-renew them, so I'm stuck with them to an extent. I just take care of it and move on as soon as I can. Most go away via NSF before too long anyway.

Even though I have been in the business less than a year, I have figured out who I don't want...lol. Mostly family and friends. I have already heard some doozies.

Back